Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

People who have ordered 08's

Old 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I"m glad you have taken such a personal like to my thread. But You are wrong. I know some got rolled over. In this Thread here is a guy who ordered 6/11 and he is now in bg status with a estimated ship date.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433178

Here is yet another example. Ordered june 6th which was the day after my order was entered. His in b1 status with estimated ship date.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/request-black-2-door-w-aev-bridgers-argent-11198/

I know I have along time to wait, I know there are roll overs. I just was trying to figure out what was going on. I have, and all your information is half correct and half not. People are getting there 08's moved along. Mine is stuck do to allocation. And yes both guys ordered X's which is what I have on order.
Nope, no personal like at all, I was just trying to help you out. I see now that's not possible. Those other orders either made the August Build Out, or they were orphaned 2007 converts that the dealer put their name on. You posted on another forum that people were getting there 2008's built already while you were being forced to wait an extra month. But they're not - 2008's are not being produced yet. Someone else tells you your order was held up by your dealer. It wasn't - you've got the VON # to prove it. You want to go around in circles like a dog chasing its tail, so be it. But I'm not half wrong, you're just being half- hardheaded, because you've been given plenty of accurate information on plenty of Jeep forums, you just refuse to believe us. Luckily, you've ordered an X, which will get built quickly...unfortunately I'm sure you'll have more than your share of whining to do no matter how quickly it gets built.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Dude I have no idea what your talking about. I had a simple question which was, "Why would customer service tell me my order info has been sent back to the dealer, and that I should contact them?" That was the question. IT was then later awnsered by finding out that They have the order in, BUT They dont have an allocation for the order yet. That was all I was looking for. You assumed I'm all bent out of shape, or pissed I'm not getting my order. When I ordered the jeep I knew I would be waiting. I was shocked to see guys who ordered the same as me already have d1 status and ship dates. Thats what prompted me to call and see if mine had changed. Which is when I went through the who I have to call the dealer thing. I got my awnser, I will still be waiting, which I knew. I am disapointed that my dealer didn't tell me they didn't have a spot to allocate it, and I wonder if they did, would mine have been in d1 now aswell. I'm not hardheaded, I'm not chasing my tail. IT was a simple question which was awnsered.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default This blows

I am there with you on the frustration.
Why can't someone just be honest either DC or the Dealer. They don't do justice to the customer. I have never made it out of BG and I get the same crap. All people want is an honest answer.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't even start to look at other orders, nothing that happens to any other order has any bearing on yours or mine. If you dig around enough, there was a father and son, or some brothers that placed their orders, same jeep, same dealer, at the same time and the deliveries were weeks if not months apart. Learn to like beer, it helps pass the time! BX since 6/7

(their story is somewhere up in the waiting room area.)
Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Gulp, Gulp, Gulp

I will have another

Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-03-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Burp

Hung over before the 4th and without a Jeep. It is going to suck when I actually sober up....

Quick Reply: People who have ordered 08's