Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

performace/running issue

Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default performace/running issue

Hey, I searched back 26 pages to see if anyboy else had this,, Today driving home from work(60 mile trip almost all highway) the jeep was doing 65, slight uphill, and slight acceloration, the engine stuttered or shuddered, all dash lights went off, including the radio, then all on at once, then back to normal. All in a 45-60 second time frame. Anybody else have this??
I called the dealer right away, which I had to talk to them anyway, having some esp issues, going on too easy, on on/off ramps, and the esp/bas light going on and staying on till the key cycles. I didnt lift it yet, its a 2dr x, but I ditched the 225's for a set of mtr's off an 06 rubi. had the speedo flashed for the 245's and its close to right.
Thanks for any input,,
Steve C
Old 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsb

There's a TSB for this... Does someone have the link. If you take it to the dealer, they'll flash it for you. ..
Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the current TSB's are listed Here:
Old 02-27-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Quite a few of us on the board have this problem.

So far the TSB hasn't corrected it for those that have had it done.

I saw someone on the board mentioned having his Ignition switch replaced by his dealer as a fix, it's so random though only time and miles will tell if that fixed it.

Many have had their dealers look at the problem me included with no resolution yet.

On a positive note nobody has ever experienced a fatal won't start after the problem.

I had it happen again this past Friday about 15 miles from the start of the East Mojave Trail section, we ran all three sections (130 miles) camping along the way and made it back without any troubles.

The first person to have it diagnosed and corrected should probably win a Prize.

--Bill
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by crazy4sip
Quite a few of us on the board have this problem.

So far the TSB hasn't corrected it for those that have had it done.

[snip]
Well, i have to somewhat disagree with you on that one. I had this issue, i had it flashed, it hasen't happened to me since the flash update. Did it fix it? I dunno, all i can say is it has not occured again...

or would that be better stated as "Yet".
Old 02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Well, i have to somewhat disagree with you on that one. I had this issue, i had it flashed, it hasen't happened to me since the flash update. Did it fix it? I dunno, all i can say is it has not occured again...

or would that be better stated as "Yet".

Yes, pretty inconsistant problem to begin with, I'm only going with my experience (has happened since flash) and reading some of the others who have reported the same thing after the flash.

Hopefully one of us will stumble on the final solutions, call me crazy but it doesn't really bother me that much (after the first time of course) now that it's happened multiple times.

Thanks to this site we have a large base of info to share and search through
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by crazy4sip
Yes, pretty inconsistant problem to begin with, I'm only going with my experience (has happened since flash) and reading some of the others who have reported the same thing after the flash.

Hopefully one of us will stumble on the final solutions, call me crazy but it doesn't really bother me that much (after the first time of course) now that it's happened multiple times.

Thanks to this site we have a large base of info to share and search through
I hope it gets resolved too. The first time it happened to me, was in a very bad place to lose control. Scared the hell out of me. It could have turned out very very badly, but luckily it didnt.

I hope they get it fixed permanently before some gets hurt, or worse.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know about what percent of JK's have had this problem???

Has anyone NOT had the problem????

I only have about 500 miles on my new Rubicon and geez for once I'd like to be luky enough to NOT have the problems. My usual luck with machinery is if there is a problem MINE will be sure to be the one with problems!

Loadstar
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 74 LOADSTAR
Does anyone know about what percent of JK's have had this problem???

Has anyone NOT had the problem????

I only have about 500 miles on my new Rubicon and geez for once I'd like to be luky enough to NOT have the problems. My usual luck with machinery is if there is a problem MINE will be sure to be the one with problems!

Loadstar
Not sure, but certainly not everyone (or at least yet). It's extremely randon, my first was at about 3500, next few between that and the last at 5800.

Sounds like a good Poll Item though, not sure how to create one but I'll look into it.

--Bill
Old 02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,,
Does anybody know which tsb it is? I looked thru that list but none on the list seemed right. Also I remember somebody talking about a dealer that figured out the esp issue,, steering center off or something like that? I cant seem to find it. I was out sunday in a winter mini storm, only a few inches, and got hit by a toyota 4runner, on the bright side, I was in my wifes libby not the jk. Sad part hers is only 6 months old.
Steve C

Quick Reply: performace/running issue