Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

performace/running issue

Old 02-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this one TSB_18-036-06 and this one TSB_08-053-06 done to mine, as i stated earlier, it seems (so far) to have solved the radio cutout/random stalling/idiot light christmas tree effect. Others have had them done with no discernable changes. Your results may vary.

I have a somewhat early build Jeep, maybe that is why it helped me more than others?

I have not experienced the ESP light problems that you mentioned. Mine comes on if i really nail it on a sharp corner, way more so than i am comfortable driving anyhow. It has come on alot lately due to icy road conditions, just like it should (it works suprisingly well actually)

I am still not 100% happy with the shift point around 1700-2000rpm's, it is alot different than my F150's auto was. Doesnt seem to want to kick down when I think it should.

I am almost sorry i allowed the better half to insist on the Auto, i would have preffered standard.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Thanks,,
Does anybody know which tsb it is? I looked thru that list but none on the list seemed right. Also I remember somebody talking about a dealer that figured out the esp issue,, steering center off or something like that? I cant seem to find it. I was out sunday in a winter mini storm, only a few inches, and got hit by a toyota 4runner, on the bright side, I was in my wifes libby not the jk. Sad part hers is only 6 months old.
Steve C

This is the one I had performed NUMBER: 18-036-06

The above made some big improvements in the auto shifting among other things, if you Jeep was built after the bulleting date it may have the TSB code already in the PCM.

I saw the post about the ESP but couldn't find it, It was geared towards those of us who have lifted their rigs.

--Bill
Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default unhappy after flash

I had my Sahara flashed a month ago but still not happy. Is anyone happy with the engine performance after the flash? I got the 6 speed thinking it would have more power. To stay up with traffic I'm pushing 3000 rpm through the 1st few gears and it just doesn't feel right. 2000 rpm is dull but once in 4th 5th & 6th gear it feels better. Does anyone have any ideas. I have 4.10 gears and maybe thats the problem. My old 86 Cherokee with the 2.8 v6 does better from take off.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't had mine flashed yet. But I had my radio cut out and all the display lights turn off and then back on while I was sitting slightly downhill at a red light. It didn't seem like the engine cut out. But mine is an early October build 2-door X with the 4.10's. It only happened once (at about 2,700 miles) and it hasn't happened since (currently at 2,900 miles). However I don't even think I have had my ESP kick in yet so I can't comment on any problems with that. Maybe I don't drive my Jeep hard enough. I'm taking the Jeep up into the mountains this weekend and am going to see if I can get that ESP to finally kick in.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to talk with the dealership tomorrow. I picked her up tonight, they said there is NO tsb's on performance on the jeep(I printed them out to take next time in) and there is nothing wrong. As for the esp, they did the abs tsb and they said that should fix the esp, well it didnt. I think the post was on lifted jeeps but the fix might help here. I believe it talked about the esp triggering due to the steering wheel being off/not straight. My wheel is about 10 degrees off, might have something to do with it.
I'll post the outcome,
Steve
Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Angry

At about 2,200 miles I have to date told everyone I speak with that I have had no problems with my JK (X, Auto, 4DR, Build: 12/13/06). But just coming home today (~40 MPH, slight downhill grade, moist air, off the accelerator) the dash lights came on and radio went off - all seemingly for less then a couple seconds. Seemed like the engine didn't cut out though. After fixating on the JK forums since I got the jeep and knowing some of the issues I have almost anticipated this coming and I guess at least I wasn't so surprised.

My build date is 12/13, past the date of the two TSBs mentioned in this thread. I am curious if others with build dates past the TSB dates (18-036-06 and 08-053-06) have seen the issue or if it is really limited to prior build dates. I can't say I have seen any other issues with the vehicle and I haven't been to the dealer for anything since I took it home. From reading the many posts on this issues I guess there is no consensus as to whether or not the flash is helping and I am not sure who with a later build date has gotten the flash.

Last edited by deadspot; 03-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Quick Reply: performace/running issue