Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pic Request: '12 JK 2 DR HALF DOOR

Old 09-14-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pic Request: '12 JK 2 DR HALF DOOR

I am one step away from ordering a '12 Rubicon 2 DR 6-speed with HALF DOORS AND SOFT TOP. This will replace my '06 TJ Rubicon which is also a 2 DR 6-speed with zip-up windows, soft top only. I understand that there have been some minor changes in the way the half-doors with zip-up windows are configured (as compared with my '06 Rubi) and I was hoping someone here would have access to some pics of the setup so that I may see it before ordering, as NO dealers seem to be willing to stock such a setup. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are the same as the current models. I have them on my 08. What are you looking for?

I have half doors on my TJ as well. The uppers are much better on my JK than my TJ. The flap less and provide a higher armrest while in.

I ordered my JKU Rubicon with the half doors and was the first my dealer had seen. I'd never buy full doors (5 of my 6 jeeps have been half door models) unless I was forced to keep my jeep outside with personal stuff in it.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh. I see you say your TJ is an 06? I thought the 06's were tansition years (like the 96 YJ). Good to see some where sold!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think someone has a green 2012 Rubi with half doors on another forum. I can check later today......
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Whats the point of half door
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Lui
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big c
Half doors made a little more sense in older jeeps because it was almost like having no doors since they sit so low. Jk's have a higher belt line so it's not as open airy...at least in my opinion. I still like the utility look of them tho.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did jeep upgrade the interior trim on the '12 half doors to match the new trim on the full doors?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big c
There's been times when I've been off-roading and I thought how nice it would be to have the half doors for better vision out the sides. Since the half doors are lower than the full doors I'd be able to hang my head out the side a little better to get a closer look should the need arise.

But then again, tube doors or doorless would offer then same benefits.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen the new interior with haf doors yet. I sold my 07 and ordered my 10 with half doors. I doubt I will ever have a jeep with just full doors again. The windows do fit better than the ones that TJ s had. I never unzipped the windows and let them hang down inside. I throw them in the back or leave them at home.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rvator
I haven't seen the new interior with haf doors yet. I sold my 07 and ordered my 10 with half doors. I doubt I will ever have a jeep with just full doors again. The windows do fit better than the ones that TJ s had. I never unzipped the windows and let them hang down inside. I throw them in the back or leave them at home.
As someone who has converted to half doors, I feel the same way. Half doors for life!!!

Quick Reply: Pic Request: '12 JK 2 DR HALF DOOR