Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Picking nits

Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rich1340
All of these are good ones...
What were they thinking... A vehicle, for the last 70 years, has been made for the doors to come off.. DO AND THEY PUT THE F$%^ING MIRRORS ON THE DOORS!!!!
X2. There are dozens of threads here about mirror RElocation, all of which would be obsolete if someone would just come up with a decent LOCATION bracket. My dealer told me they had them on the doors to discourage door removal because of liability. He even told me mopar didn't make a relocation bracket... Love my jeep, hate the liars who will make any story off the cuff to sell one.
My $15 home made allthread and autozone mirrors have made up for his ignorance 100 fold
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

I'm not a fan of the plastic grille with huge slots inviting rocks and bugs into your radiator. I mean, I like the classic Jeep look but how about some protection for the rad? I got my Jeep last November and my radiator's pretty dinged up. Lotta gravel and stones around here in the winter.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich1340
All of these are good ones...
What were they thinking... A vehicle, for the last 70 years, has been made for the doors to come off.. DO AND THEY PUT THE F$%^ING MIRRORS ON THE DOORS!!!!
:rotfl mao2:: rotflmao2:Thats to funny
Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

For a rig that is "supposed" to be designed for off road use, why in the world would they use a type of plastic for the fenders that is so damn hard to clean...???!!!...
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
For a rig that is "supposed" to be designed for off road use, why in the world would they use a type of plastic for the fenders that is so damn hard to clean...???!!!...
What is the meaning of this word "clean"? I don't think that's a JEEP term.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not worried about the clean... but they bend real well...

Why put the side markers in the front fenders to get knocked off... when they coulda put them in the quarter panel well out of the way...
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love how they added nearly 1000 lbs to the Wrangler (TJ vs 4dr) and thought an extra 12 HP would do the trick.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
JK Freak

I guess when the minivan market went under they had a lot of engines to get rid of. Maybe they'll run out soon and next year's model will be more powerful than my grandma's sewing machine!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

I actually love the stock fenders. (Ok, maybe like them). I have bashed them into several trees and the pop right out. They look like crap, but they are tough buggers.

Quick Reply: Picking nits