Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Poll - Front and Rear Bumpers should they match?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually run a factory (stubby) front, and aftermarket rear, Smittybilt. The protection on those rear corners has already more than paid for itself.

sent while the wife wasn't looking...

JDub
O\[][][][]/O
Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the AEV Premium front bumper, LOD sig sliders, stock rear bumper on a '13 Sahara. Still looking for a rear bumper...
Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

I think bumpers are a personal choice that blends taste with personal use. Do a ton of research,, then buy whatever the hell you want!
I like the simplicity and toughness of the JCR dagger up front and my MORE rear for the line up of the poison spyder flares and the single action swinging spare.. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run Smittybilt front & sliders. Still OE rear & looking.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

JCR dagger with forward hoop, warn winch, rigid LEDs up front. Stock rear as I save up for the JCR rear tire carrier/bumper combo.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the biggest thing is that the style matches to an extent. There's some styles that will go well together... however there's others that kind of clash. As an example... running a stubby front, and a AEV rear. DIY Poison Spyder rock rails.

I'm running a LOD midwidth up front and a Mopar full width rear (not my first choice, but the price was right - so it'll work for now).

Last edited by Septu; 12-09-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dblcrona
Does anyone run an aftermarket front bumper and the stock rear? I want to replace my front bumper but haven't seen a rear I like (bumper that is).
Probably most do. It took me 14 months on the new JK to replace it. I never replaced the rear on my old JK (had it 2 yrs). There's many reasons to replace the front bumper. Less so to replace the back. Front holds the winch, extra lights, and really changes up the look. Rear... perhaps a tire carrier, backup lights and tow points... but all of that can be done without adding an aftermarket rear bumper (backup lights in the stock bumper or LEDs), Teraflex tire carrier, and use the tow hitch for a recovery point. So while there's reasons to do it... it's certainly less pressing of an issue than the front.

Quick Reply: Poll - Front and Rear Bumpers should they match?