Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Poll - Front and Rear Bumpers should they match?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll - Front and Rear Bumpers should they match?

Ok I am waiting on my Shrockworks bumper to be made (in America) and now thinking about rear bumpers. I am considering a different make for the rear maybe Ace Pro or other. This made me wonder how may Jeepers care if the front bumper and rear are made by the same company.

This would not have even occurred to me if all the bumpers and sliders or armor did not have the brand cut into them.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd reckon more than half the guys I know run different brands front to rear.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I typically have ran all three the same brand but I'm not now. Jcr front, LOD sliders, ace pro rear.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run different ones, but if i were to do it again id just make my own, so theyd be the same next time..
Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rdavi
This would not have even occurred to me if all the bumpers and sliders or armor did not have the brand cut into them.
Yeah... Being the poster child for advertisement wasn't what I wanted to do either... but such is life with these new mega logos that are being forced upon us.

Until these companies put you on the payroll... Just cover up up their logos permanently (weld?).

As for the looks of different bumpers... Only you can decide if they go together well.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Yeah... Being the poster child for advertisement wasn't what I wanted to do either... but such is life with these new mega logos that are being forced upon us.

Until these companies put you on the payroll... Just cover up up their logos permanently (weld?).

As for the looks of different bumpers... Only you can decide if they go together well.
agreed i welded the ballistic fab skulls over my bestop logos...kinda replaced on brand with another, but i get lots of stuff there for other ares and would rather sport that.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

Matching finishes are more important than actual matching brands. That being said.....I have matching front and rear bumpers simply because I like the style of the bumper.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Style should be consistent. That includes previously mentioned finishes. It doesn't matter if different brands are used, but consistency is usually better if they are same.

For those who say it doesn't matter: Why not use two different wheel styles on left and right--you can't see both at same time? But everyone wants a nice looking rig, regardless of the "function over appearance" suggestions.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I run an AEV front, PSC rear, and Rubicon rock rails, all with textured finish. I haven't had another Jeep owner try to shoot me yet...

Last edited by Tripletsi; 12-04-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

No need to match unless your OCD about it. For the longest time prior to committing to buy my front and rear bumper I had very hard time convincing myself that there's no need to have matching branded bumpers. I even found that my top three choices of manufacturers didn't even make a front and rear that both appealed to me. Way back I always knew I wanted the PSC brawler lite front bumper but the rear PSC bumpers, well, I just didn't like them. I ended up with an ACE pro series rear and I find that both bumpers complement each other quite well.

Quick Reply: Poll - Front and Rear Bumpers should they match?