Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Positive experience at Donavee Jeep in Placentia, CA

Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive experience at Donavee Jeep in Placentia, CA

A year and a half after spending the extra $$ for the dual tops I finally removed my hard top (Thanks to all of the people nice enough to write up their hardtop hoists!!!!) and install the soft top.

Sunday, My brother in law came by to help me remove the hard top and then he had to go home, that is ok because the soft top is light right? Well here is the problem:

In the boxes that come with the soft top There are these 2 hinged plastic pieces that go along the top and down the back of the rear doors. When I opened the box there were 2 of these, like there should be. BUT when I went to install then I found that both were for the left hand side and nothing for the right hand side. This is not good I was pretty bummed.

Here is the big problem:

1 It is sunday, the Jeep parts and service departments are closed

2 I have a big salesmeeting Monday and tuesday that I cannot miss but I cannot just leave the jeep that obviously open in the parking structure.

3 I purchased the jeep Dec 2008 so will the dealer even believe me after 1.5 years?

I rolled into donavee Jeep and explained my problem to the sales guy who called the manager to help me.

The manager immediately started checking every 4-door on the lot looking for one with dual tops and let me know if he did not have one he would just remove the piece from one of the soft top jeeps on the lot and give that to me. After lookingthrough probably 40 jeeps we finally found dual tops. He opened the jeep, pulled out both boxes and gave me the part I needed. He then went through the boxes to make sure I was not missing anything else. now 2010 and 2008 tops are a little different but luckilly the piece I needed was only slightly modified and he showed me how to make it work perfectly for 2008.

When everything was said and done he asks me "Where did you buy the jeep?" He did not know I purchased it there, if it was still under warranty, care that it is heavilly modified, nothing, he just wanted to take care of the customer no questions asked!!!!!!!!!!

I know that there are alot of bad reports about dealers doing stupid things to Jeep folks that actually use their rigs I just wanted to report something positive.

Last edited by dadgummit; 05-12-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is always all kinds of dealership bashing on the forum-- I guess I am a lucky JK owner too. Dennis Dillion Jeep has done a great job of taking care of me and my JK.

KUDOS TO A DEALERSHIP THAT UNDERSTANDS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Quick Reply: Positive experience at Donavee Jeep in Placentia, CA