Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Power Tank CO2 System

Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Tank CO2 System

Did a search and didn't find too much info regarding the Power Tank CO2 systems. I'm looking at the 10lb Package B System or the Power Tank "Track pack" Package B. The only difference is the pack that the tank and accessories are kept in. I like the idea of being able to carry everything in the bag and keep it out of sight for all the theives that are out there.

Any opinions on the Power Tanks?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one and have been very happy with it.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I've also been looking around for good information on one of these systems. Approximately how many air up's are these good for? In my situation I'd be looking for something that could easily handle airing up 8 tires (the wife and I both have JK's) plus be able to handle an impact gun if the need arose. The little information I've found leads me to believe I could easily handle airing up the 8 tires and then some, but how about running an impact gun off one. How long will the tank run one before it dies off?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 10lb co2 and when I air up I get to the last tire and it freezes up and can't fill last tire. The tires are 35x12.50. Anyone have the same problem?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the 10lb model, with the speedbag and I like it a lot. As for number of fill-ups, I took it with me on a recent outing, as I was able to fill my 4 33s, 3 35's, and then 5 more 33s. It was getting pretty empty at that point, and I also started with a not full tank as I had used it to top of mine and my wife's tires a couple of time, as well as my trailer tires.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the 10lb tank with the XP300 valve upgrade. It kicks arse!!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Did a search and didn't find too much info regarding the Power Tank CO2 systems. I'm looking at the 10lb Package B System or the Power Tank "Track pack" Package B. The only difference is the pack that the tank and accessories are kept in. I like the idea of being able to carry everything in the bag and keep it out of sight for all the theives that are out there.

Any opinions on the Power Tanks?

http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...mages.tpl.html

Originally Posted by kkuntz01
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I've also been looking around for good information on one of these systems. Approximately how many air up's are these good for? In my situation I'd be looking for something that could easily handle airing up 8 tires (the wife and I both have JK's) plus be able to handle an impact gun if the need arose. The little information I've found leads me to believe I could easily handle airing up the 8 tires and then some, but how about running an impact gun off one. How long will the tank run one before it dies off?
You can use use air tool with the powertank with no problem. I have had a powertank for over 5 years now and have done many trail repair with air tools.

Here is a pic of me using the 10lb Powertank as the air source of my impact gun taking apart Trailbud's broken rear pinion on the trail during EJS09

Old 01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBATF

You can use use air tool with the powertank with no problem. I have had a powertank for over 5 years now and have done many trail repair with air tools.

Here is a pic of me using the 10lb Powertank as the air source of my impact gun taking apart Trailbud's broken rear pinion on the trail during EJS09
David, thanks for jumping in. Great information. One more quick one for you. How much life are you getting out of the tank when you're running an impact gun? I would presume taking one wheel on and off at a minimum with a 10lb bottle.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is my second Powertank. I had the 10 lb tank in my TJ which I had set-up to run the ARB lockers as well as refill the tires. I have 37s on my JK so I went with the 15 lb tank this time. I have never had the 15 lb tank freeze up when filling my tires or any other problems with my Powertanks. The only issue with the 15 lb tank is the tight fit when I use the soft top.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 15lbs Powertank. I haven't used it since I got it, but I used an Mpac side rack to mount it. Most of the cost of filling the tanks is the labor to do it, so the price difference between a 5 lbs tank, and a 20 lbs tank is really only a few dollars.

Quick Reply: Power Tank CO2 System