Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Raised Jeep letters

Old 11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raised Jeep letters

I have almost always liked Jeeps and have always been proud of the ones I have had. I really like my JK. I think that DCX should also be as proud of a quality produced rig like the JK. I miss the raised Jeep leters on both sides of the Jeep that were present on my TJ.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny you should mention this as it is one of the first things I noticed about the JK. Do you realize this is the first SWB Jeep in over 30+ years to NOT have Jeep stamped on the sides of it. Kind of sad :sad:
Old 11-28-2006, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Funny you should mention this as it is one of the first things I noticed about the JK. Do you realize this is the first SWB Jeep in over 30+ years to NOT have Jeep stamped on the sides of it. Kind of sad :sad:
I thaught the same thing..

I like the hood letters, like they had on the Willys jeeps...
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm in the metal stamping ind. And from a tooling stand point it was cheaper to leave the emboss out. And I'm sure it is easier to run Less wrinling issues and a striaghter looking fender. But this is something that has alway's been on a Jeep and in my opinion they should have kept it.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree. I've always liked how it looked with the raised letters, kinda miss it.

Quick Reply: Raised Jeep letters