Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

rare 2DR pic request

Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about those Graco Child Carrier things? You know, you secure the base in the car and the carrier and kid click in. Anyone use that in a 2-door?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words. My Ram just tossed fifth gear today on the highway (common issue in the late 1990's NV4500 transmissions) and I don't think I'll be fixing it. ($1000 job that requires a total rebuild and replacment of the shaft)

So, I'm just hoping to keep the truck going until the 2009s are announced. (Really hoping beyond all hope that we'll see a Diesel in 2009)

Since my truck will be going on 13 years at that point, I will be happy to start something new.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ2a
What about those Graco Child Carrier things? You know, you secure the base in the car and the carrier and kid click in. Anyone use that in a 2-door?
you should be fine, but it's easier to put it on the passenger side. I had a hard time putting a small box behind the driver's side seat. The problem was the seats don't go far enough forward and it doesn't tumble forward that much.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

My 2 year old can climb between the front seats to get into his car seat and my 10 month old is still rear facing so he goes in the through the back and over the seat. I actually find it just as easy to buckle both of them in by reaching over the back seat then try to squeeze between the piller and the front seat. I have gotten so used to it that our last three long weekend family trips that took (4, 8 & 5 hr drives to visit family) we left what my wife says is "a perfectly good minivan" home in the garage and took my Jeep, because who wants to drive a minivan? Plus since we took the Jeep we where able to do a little off roading on all the trips.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CJ2a
Here is a pic of just the base installed, I don't have any with the carrier in the base. I found to get this in and out since I had it behind the passenger seat I had to tilt the passenger seat forward then tilt the drivers seat backwards and reach in fron the drivers door and put it in and out from there. There was not enough room to get the carrier between the piller and the front seat.

Quick Reply: rare 2DR pic request