Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear Seat Latching??

Old 09-06-2017, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Latching??

OK, I bought this 07 Wrangler 3 weeks ago. I took it for a drive after purchasing it to notice all problems it may have. I noticed only 2 issues. 1st: The rear seat thump when hitting a bump. Sounded like the rear suspension bottoming out. 2nd: The seat belts all flap in the wind once the top is off. So, I solved both of these small issues. 1st: The seat was not latching into the rear retainer post because of the beatiful stock carpet. I trimmed the carpet, pulled the seat back in place and it now locks in place. See the 2 pictures below. Note: in the first picture, you can see where the seat pushed in the carpet in the red square. there for it would not secure down due to the spacing. Other People in other posts stated just slam the seat down. I did not want to slam the seat down each time, So I cut the carpet back. 2nd: the seat belt flapping while driving was stopped by using velcro around the roll bars and seat belts.

I know people will just say it's a Jeep, it will make noises!! I understand this, but I find these types of noises so annoying.........

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1108.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	674725 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1109.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	674726

Last edited by 07bender; 09-06-2017 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Latching??