Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rescue Stories...

Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rescue Stories...

Ok, maybe a good idea? Maybe not? Have a section for stories of when your Jeep saved the day?

Here is my first. It was my grandmothers funeral this past weekend (sad I know). But anyway, it rained hard all night, the next day, and all night again the day before the funeral in a rural Mississippi graveyard near Weir. Yeah its pronounced where MS! But anyway, first I had to pull out my grandfathers full size pickup. No biggie. But then right after the funeral was over, my cousin's truck got stuck. Here is where the fun began.

I said, oh I'll pull you out. He said, "that little Jeep isn't gonna pull out my FULL SIZE CREW CAB DIESEL DULLY yadda yadda yadda... wtf ever...." But anyway, I said well I bet I can help some anyway. So I pulled up behind his monsterous truck and he said, "You got lockers on that?". I said no and he laughed and said good luck. I was getting a little pissed at his attitude towards help at this point! So I pull out my snatch strap. "That little thing will break you'll need a bigger 4 inch strap!" he says.

So long story short, I hook up, and low and behold pull him out WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A TIRE SPIN ON MY PART! I didn't smile.... I just calmly said there you go as he looked at the situation flabbergasted!

GO JEEP!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to pull this poor guy out of soft sand in St. Agustine beach. got a free beer out of it...

-
Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Talking Nice!

My girlfriends father was out fishing by the lake, and around there are some serious ruts from some guys with huge heavy trucks.... It had rained recently, and he was driving over two ruts, but there was some dead grass hiding the mud and he slipped into a rut. Not his fault. So I said when I get off, I will come try to pull him out. He said ok, you can try... Well when I get off work he is still stuck so I head down there. I get a shovel and dig a small nocth in the rut, hook up my strap, put it in four low, and ease on the gas, waiting for the strap to loose slack, and before I know it I see his truck coming out of the rut!
I didn't mean to pull him out right then, I was just trying to get rid of the slack before gassing it. I get out and while I am unhooking the strap, he has a very suprised look and asked me what kinda engine I have. I reply with "oh that, it is a minivan engine, a 3.8L v6" And he said geez, I thought you had some kinda monster in there the way you pulled me out......

Jeeps are cool.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

I was in a the rural streets after a nasty snow fall and this guys poor little car was plowed in from all the snow in the street. The plow took all of the snow from the streets right onto his car, to the point he couldn't even get in. So I took a shovel and took some of the snow from his rear bumper enough to ee the tow hook under the rear. I just snapped my winch right on to it as well as secure my rear bumper with a strap to a tree and pulled him slowly. Thankfully the snow didn't harden yet. the guy gave me $50 for the help, I declined but he insisted. So I took the $50 and fueled up the Beast.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time he laughed I would have told him he could call a tow truck if he likes to spend money, (real nice like) then ask again. Hope he bought you a beer at least.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreekBeast
I was in a the rural streets after a nasty snow fall and this guys poor little car was plowed in from all the snow in the street. The plow took all of the snow from the streets right onto his car, to the point he couldn't even get in. So I took a shovel and took some of the snow from his rear bumper enough to ee the tow hook under the rear. I just snapped my winch right on to it as well as secure my rear bumper with a strap to a tree and pulled him slowly. Thankfully the snow didn't harden yet. the guy gave me $50 for the help, I declined but he insisted. So I took the $50 and fueled up the Beast.
Thats what I'm talking about! People who thank other people for doing something nice. It would have cost him $150 for a tow truck, it saved him $100.

Be careful because if you pull someone out and damage their car some of them like to sue.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lrpena
I had to pull this poor guy out of soft sand in St. Agustine beach. got a free beer out of it...

-
All I can think of is Red (That 70's Show) saying "Dumb A$$".

On the beach with a car, they guy must have been watching TV.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Back in 1972 I helped a buddy who was out wheeln in a 2wd Ford Pickup. My dad called and said "Go get D & C they wrecked their truck out on Sky Line Park Way." They were on the road and a bit to close to a 50 foot cliff for me.

He and another guy were screwin' around out in the woods at night, ran in to a tree and got stuck (more then a little drunk). I pulled them out with my Dodge 4x4 and pull them to this bar down the road, where they started this adventure.
The breaks on the left rear had broken and they couldn't get it to move under it's own power. We had a beer and then tried to get the wheel off, it was so hot we kind of think the lug nuts were welded to the wheel we couldn't budge the lug nuts.

We did get it fixed the next day but riding with those to guys isn't something I would do again. They beat the daylights (physically) out of each other while I was driving them home.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a few pics of people that i have recued.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I'll play...

My neighbor calls me at 2:30am in the middle of a blizzard. His pregnant wife is in labor, the street hasn't been plowed yet, and his car is buried under 14 inches of snow.

The Jeep went through that snow without even breaking a sweat, and got her to the hospital in time (but I was sweating the whole way there, hoping her water wouldn't break all over my front seat....). They gave me a case of beer and a nice gift certificate for dinner, and I got to be there for the birth of their first child - you can't put a pricetag on a moment like that.

I love my Jeep.

Quick Reply: Rescue Stories...