Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Review - Softtop Thermal liner

Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought on why it is too long........Could it be that it helps it fold up when retracting the soft top, considering it probably does not stretch?

What is the price BTW or could you post a link? I personally go topless most of the summer but think it might be nice in the winter.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amc78cj7
What is the price BTW or could you post a link? I personally go topless most of the summer but think it might be nice in the winter.
coloradojeepman + .com

$250 for Unlimited soft top. Kinda pricy...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

I remember seeing a post a couple of years ago on another forum about a similar product if not the sameone. Some people had issues with condesation between the top and liner in the winter. I could see condesation being an issue in the cold. The differance in temp between the liner and top. Just my two cents.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Grant,
The reason I purchased this is that my A/C was not keeping up with the heat coming in from the top, especially when I was sitting in traffic. With the liner, my A/C does keep up and I can keep cool.

As to why the liner is too long, I thought of needing the slack when folding and actually asked the vendor about this. I have not received a response. I will see this weekend, as I am planning on putting down the top and taking off the doors, weather permitting.

So, the top is $250 now. They have raised the price, as it was $200 when I bought it last month. I agree that it is pricy, but it is pretty good quality and I figure my wife's time is better spent on other things than sewing me a top liner.

--------
Paul

Last edited by Paul R; 09-06-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default folding top down with liner

To asnwer the question on how it folds up with the liner in place...I put the top down yesterday (and pulled the doors too!), and it folded up just fine. I will say that the extra length of the liner was not needed to fold it down.

Here's a pic showing it folded down with the liner still attached. I will admit, it is not the neatest folding job, but I am not that much of a neatnik...

-------
Paul
Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice looking rig Paul.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow Paul. Your folding job is much better than I do.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hard Top question

Paul - I live in South Fla and have a hard top. When you got your hard top cover by mistake, was it all one piece or was it in 3 pieces (drivers top, passenger top, and rear top)?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not know about the hard top liner. I never even opened the box, just forwarded it on to the correct recipient.

From the pictures on their website, I assume that it is 3 pieces...send them an email and ask.

-------
Paul
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirtyJeeper
I remember seeing a post a couple of years ago on another forum about a similar product if not the sameone. Some people had issues with condesation between the top and liner in the winter. I could see condesation being an issue in the cold. The differance in temp between the liner and top. Just my two cents.
Any truth to this? Anyone else had luck with the vendor or is there somewhere else to get this type of product?

I had my TJ soft top last winter and it was cold but the heater does fine and makes it bearable, but I'm thinking for those quick lunch runs, etc, it would be nice to warm up quick and hold the heat.

Quick Reply: Review - Softtop Thermal liner