Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Riding doorless/topless .. securing items

Old 10-04-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
Do people try to steal the floor mats? Does the stock 2012 stereo have a good anti theft system? Also, did everyone have a chip you can pull out so the Jeep can't start unless it's in our did my dealership install those?

Let us know which brand that chip thing is. I would like to look it up.

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
Quick random question. Is it possible to take the unlimited hard top off without a second person or am I going to scratch it up and drop it?
I personally would not try to take it off by myself. Some have. However, I did find out that you can remove the front parts of the top and all four doors and drive like that. I did it for about a week. And yes, on the highway, 100 miles round trip to work each day. 80 MPH. No problems. It is actually not a bad way to enjoy the weather without dealing with the actual top.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by armycop
Tuffy security deck if you have a 4-door. That's the most secure enclosure for that. I wish they made a 2-door version with the backseat in. I may have to get an instatrunk to cover up my Bazooka subwoofer when I get it installed.
You'll get your wish soon...secure "deck" for two door JK with the seat still installed and useable. I'll definitely post up as we finish it!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffy2
You'll get your wish soon...secure "deck" for two door JK with the seat still installed and useable. I'll definitely post up as we finish it!
PM me with the info as soon as you get one made. I'll take it... and even do a writeup! Is it going to be similiar to the 4-door version with the removable top shelf and front panel?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depending on the stuff, I usually carry a book bag in the back and strap it to the roll bars. Most of the stuff is heavy enough to just sit on the floor and I usually don't have to worry about it. I did lose a floor mat about 3 weeks ago and it flew away
Old 10-06-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hahaha aww man. Maybe velcro would be a good idea for mats. Thanks people. I'll check for the name of that chip
Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I use a backpack for my stuff, and I just toss it in a plastic crate. The crate is strapped to the rear cargo (floor) door. If you are afraid of it bouncing out.. Make a lid for the crate. :-)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

I use a Mopar Add a Trunk and love it. You can't unlock the rear tailgate from the door switches so it's about as secure as an OEM setup can be. It's also very easy to remove when you need the space for something big.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Topless and doorless, one of the many pleasures of Jeeps! I usually don't have any problems with things in the back, but I carry one of those elastic net things I pull over items and attach to the floor hooks.

Quick Reply: Riding doorless/topless .. securing items