Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rough Country Disconnects

Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hats to you guys for calling in and letting us know this was a problem....since we received your calls all of the links have been drilled out to fit the pins. We use a local company to cut, drill, and powder coat these and they got the specs wrong. Unfortunately that wasn't caught in the QC process. I apologize for that and it has been corrected. Please Please guys if you every have any issues please let me know.. I am here to help you with any and all issues you may have with our product. We like receiving input from the customers because after all we are here to have a product that works best for you. IF that fella with the rusted shock shaft will pm me I will get him a replacement. We try our best to make any experience with RC a great one. Thanks and remember I am always here. Oh and take a look at our TJ disco's ....we are thinking about converting the jk's over to something like these. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_disconnects.html

Last edited by Rough_Country; 02-24-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rough_Country
Hats to you guys for calling in and letting us know this was a problem....since we received your calls all of the links have been drilled out to fit the pins. We use a local company to cut, drill, and powder coat these and they got the specs wrong. Unfortunately that wasn't caught in the QC process. I apologize for that and it has been corrected. Please Please guys if you every have any issues please let me know.. I am here to help you with any and all issues you may have with our product. We like receiving input from the customers because after all we are here to have a product that works best for you. IF that fella with the rusted shock shaft will pm me I will get him a replacement. We try our best to make any experience with RC a great one. Thanks and remember I am always here. Oh and take a look at our TJ disco's ....we are thinking about converting the jk's over to something like these. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_disconnects.html
I'm running the RC discos on my JK now. They went on fine but I did end up drilling out one of the links cause the pin was a little tight going back in after I disco'ed them. It was a tight fit but it did fit I just wanted it to fit a little easier.

That said I do like the looks of the TJ discos in the link, any chance of a trade in program for those of us with the current style if you make the change

Also when i got my 2.5" coil lift my shock bag only had 2 of the 4 crush sleeves in it, I PM'ed Ben the next day and had a new set of 4 on my doorstep within 2 days, so I have to say I'm very happy with RC's customer service.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Rough country has excellent customer service. iam out here in kuwait and when i read this thread i pm'd Ben to see if my discos would have the same problem and he said that they made sure they drilled them out, but he said if there is still any prob he will send me a new set. Thats customer service plus their products are quality and best price. thats nice.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rough_Country
PM sent.........13Feb09 at 6:01PM
No response to the PM was why I posted the pic here, hoping maybe you might notice in the open forum.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I just looked through my pm box which is 94% full and I don't have one from ya. Not sure what happened there. I do my best to stay on top of all the pm's I receive. I guess what I'm saying is....let's get it done. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll get you a new shock. No since arguing over the past let's get it handled now.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Disconnects