Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubi E-Disco Issues..rant

Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi E-Disco Issues..rant

Has anyone else had problems with the e-disco??? it seems like every time I drive through a puddle the sway bar stops working, and screws up my jeep! My jeep is currently at the dealer for them to install the 4th! yes 4th sway bar motor and wiring harness, its ridiculous the issues I've been having.....as soon as its out of warranty i will be switching to manual quick discos unless something gets sorted out! Am I the only one out there? none of my wheeling buddies have had any problems, so i'm not sure why it keeps happening to me. Sorry for the rant, but after the 4th time i'm a bit choked about it, I bought a rubicon for a reason, but that doesn't seem to be paying out with regards to the e-disco.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you have a Teraflex suspension you could enter the contest for their front sway bar.

I haven't had any problems with my e-disco, but I know it seems like some people on here have issues regularly. I would try some dilectric grease on the connection since it seems like it seems like the connection point to the wiring harness is the most common cause for the failure from what I have seen and read.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another reason as to why I sold mine. Nice idea but too many problems with them. Want something reliable? Get on of these https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-s-t-swaybar-sale-94158/ or some swaybar disconnects.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Another reason as to why I sold mine. Nice idea but too many problems with them. Want something reliable? Get on of these https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94158 or some swaybar disconnects.
already entered in the draw....i'm hoping I win then no more e-disco drama!

Quick Reply: Rubi E-Disco Issues..rant