Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocator?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah .. well, if it's tough to see out the right mirror, would I be better off maybe getting those other kinds of mirrors on a stick that you put in the door hinge?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by necros
hmm... well, i'm looking for something easy :( I don't really have any mod experience so I was hoping it was simple as unscrewing it from the door and screwing it to the hood :(
I just did my passenger side door a few minutes ago. Took all of 5 mins to pull the mirror, pull the mount, install the new mount, install the door plate and install the mirror. The kit was ordered from Quadratec and included what looks like an update kit for recent 08 mirrors so it was a "newer" kit. Maybe they did fix problems from earlier kits.

Only issue of note was that some of the powdercoat got into the replacement plate and made it tough to screw the bolts in the first time, just work them in and break off the coat and it was pretty simple.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thanks.. about the paint you ordered... does that come in a spray can or do you have to brush it on? I don't have an air brush or paint gun or anything like that but I like how you have the color matching the body like that

Originally Posted by Dynamo
Hey necros,

I did a thread on this a while back talking about some of the problems I encountered with the RR brackets. Hope you find it useful.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/body-colored-mirror-relocation-brackets-39054/
Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like you have a black or steel blue JK in your photo.

I have a steel blue JK and the black filler plate looks fine as is. No need to paint it.

Beside's, you can always put back the original mirror mounts when the weather starts getting cold and you keep your doors on all of the time.

So the filler plat will only be an issue in the warm weather.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah mine's steel blue.. bestest color there is

I guess if it's easy enough to do can put it back on for the winter.. I was thinking it was more of a perminant mod..
Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah mine's steel blue.. bestest color there is

I guess if it's easy enough to do can put it back on for the winter.. I was thinking it was more of a perminant mod..
yeah, I really like it. It seems to change from blue to black depending on the light

Looks good clean and dirty.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool thanks.. about the paint you ordered... does that come in a spray can or do you have to brush it on? I don't have an air brush or paint gun or anything like that but I like how you have the color matching the body like that
Good ol' spray can.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my RR's yesterday with the late model fixes. Took me a total of 20 minutes to put them on. Would have been less but the driver side mirror was a little stubborn coming off. I really like them.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I bought my RR relocation brackets at the beginning of last year and have just now gotten around to getting them on. I ran into to all the problems listed with the factory bolts not fitting etc. I obviously have the old model and not the updated version. I know it was a while ago since I ordered the thing but I figure they still should fix their faulty product. I should not be fixing their lack of "attention to detail". Has anyone contacted RR to see if they would replace it with the new one?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them and I agree the mirrors didn't fix right, however RR made good on this and sent out a little plastic piece that fits in there and now they fit great. These now come standard with all RR brackets so you should be good to go. They are great and sturdy as hell.

One little trick, when you go to remove your mirrors from the door if you can't get em out cause they are siezed up like mine where, remove the whole bracket from the door then try turning the bracket upside down and hit the bottom screw with a hammer while laying off the side of the table. The mirror will pop right out.

Here are mine..

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocator?