Rugged ridge XHD bumper

Rugged ridge XHD bumper

JK Newbie

Default Rugged ridge XHD bumper

I am installing a XHD modular bumper today and after removing the stock bumper I have discovered some sort of vacuum. canister/ pump that needs relocated. There is no mention in the installation instruction for this, where does it need to go. 2012 2dr Wrangler. Thanks for the help!

When you order the bumper you need to specify the year, so you will get the vacuum pump relocation bracket. If it didn't come with one you can order one from places like EVO or Teraflex. Also, you will need to cut the old bracket off. Here is a link for more information:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource EVO MFG 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Vacuum Pump Relocation Kit
    - OR-Fab swaybar disconnect skid plate
    - Rugged Ridge XHD Modular bumper
    - Superwinch epi9.0
    - ACE rock rails
    - Dick Cepek FC II 305/60R18 Tires
    - Ultra Rouge wheels
    - Zone 3" Coil Lift
    - Daystar 3/4" coil spacers (Front)
    - JKS Adjustable Track Bar

Just put this bumper on my 2012 today. Used the orfab relocate kit. Pretty easy. But you do definitely have to cut off the bracket for the bumper to fit.
    Good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2382110044.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	411291
    //liveadventurous
    2012 WRANGLER JKU / BRIGHT WHITE / 6SPD / 3.73
    285/75r17 BFG KM2s / 17x9 Rugged Ridge - Satin Black / Teraflex Leveling Kit
    Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Bumper, Center Hoop, Stubby Ends, D-Rings / AntennaX / ARB Onboard Air / Procal

I luckily have a 2010 and didn't have to relocate, but there very easy to get from places like evo.
    HAPPY JEEPIN EVERYONE

JK Newbie

Thanks guys. Ordering the relocation bracket today. I purchased the bumper used so it came with no hardware at all nor directions but it is mounted and just needs the relocation bracket to be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Thanks guys. Ordering the relocation bracket today. I purchased the bumper used so it came with no hardware at all nor directions but it is mounted and just needs the relocation bracket to be ready to go.
    Sweet! I love my XHD, very solid, ur gonna love it!
    HAPPY JEEPIN EVERYONE

JK Newbie

I fabricated mounting points in place of the D rings so that I can mount a Roadmaster tow bar. Now I can tow behind our motor home or my Dura max. I'll post pictures later. Rugged Ridge read this thread and sent a PM offering to ship a relocation bracket at no charge. That is customer service above and beyond in my opinion. As this JK evolves, it will have a lot of Rugged Ridge parts on it. This is the type service that is almost non existant in today's world! Thank you Rugged Ridge!

That's great to hear Dawg. Pretty much everything in my Jeep is either RR or Rough Country. They've been great to me. I don't know how many free bushings I've got from them.
    SOLD : 2008 Sahara Unlimited 6-speed Rescue Green

[X] RR XHD Winch Mount front bumper with Full Width Ends
    [X] Rough Country 4" Lift with 2.2 Shocks on front and Fox Shocks on rear (2-Door coils, gained 3" overall) Perfect height now.
    [X] RC 1.25" Body Lift
    [X] N-Fab Side Steps
    [X] Grab Handles
    [X] K&N Air Filter
    [X] Dynomax 17523 Exhaust
    [X] Mopar half-doors
    [X] 12K Winch
    [X] Snorkle
    [X] 2013 HARDTOP!

RoughCountry.com
    Northridge4x4.com
    Quadratec.com