Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sahara Owners regret not getting a Kia?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let’s see, I can buy almost 3 Kia Rio’s for what I’m about to pay for my Rubi. It was a tough decision but what finally pushed me to pick the Rubi was: How in a hell am I going to mount AEV’s with 35’s on a Rio, don’t think they make lift-kits for these things.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Got a killer deal on the Sahara and wanted some of the nice interior features, plus I knew since I plan on keeping the Jeep for a very long time that I'd just upgrade everything on the Rubi that makes it a Rubi so why spend the extra money. Got the Sahara for about 26k brand new, can't complain.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
either way...for those that wanted a Rubi and didn't want to splurge on one... my guess is in about another year or so when all the soccer moms, and posers that purchased them as a status symbol without any concept of what a 4:1 t-case is, or what those buttons on the dash are for will come to the realization that that wasn't the ride for them, too rough on their bottums with poor mileage to boot...well, they'll decide to trade 'em in for something more to their liking without having ever taking them offroad and guys out there will hopefully be able to scoop wicked deals on these barely used pavement princesses....I hope anyways
KEEP DREAMING!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

Wanted a Sahara all the way. One of the top items on my list when I designed it was the khaki top and considering you can't get that on any other trim level, I didn't bother looking at teh others.

Regrets, absolutely none, love my JK.

Never looked at anything else once I needed to replace it (old car was totalled), however when just looking a year or so earlier, before the four doors came out, I looked at the Land Rover Freelander, but sooooo glad I went with the JK, way more versitle.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss my subaru, it would go almost anywhere the jeep will go but then come to think of it i pretty much trashed it on the trails.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

funny thread
Old 02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the deep water blue looks the best with painted flares but I may be biased.
I'd buy a kia and take the 4 banger out and put it in a go-kart.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

You know....I've just never figured out why anyone would get their man-panties all twisted up worrying about which model Wrangler someone bought or where they drive it. There ain't a sh*t-cans worth of difference in offroad capabilities between a X or a Sahara and a Rubi is just overkill for most people unless that's what you want. I thought about it and decided I would never use a Rubi to it's fullest and let it go. I thought I wanted a X but ended up buying a Sahara. It's my daily driver so I drive it to work...to the mall...on the beach...out in the mud....road trips...everywhere.....big deal. Ok...rant off now.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been very happy with my Sahara
Great and comfortable on road....
Great and sturdy off road....

A KIA? <-- No thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sahara all the way, it was the perfect package for urban life, weekends up north in the bush and canoe trips.

Its just a great all around capable vehicle without going overboard on the offroad options.

Quick Reply: Sahara Owners regret not getting a Kia?