JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Saharas = Mall Crawlers? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/saharas-%3D-mall-crawlers-189153/)

ChryslerChris 08-01-2011 06:45 PM

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? :gak: Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right? :dontknow2:

uber 08-01-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris (Post 2440816)
No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? :gak: Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right? :dontknow2:

no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others? ***

problem with all these "no offense" posts is they are deliberately intended to do just that... :wink:

***SARCASM btw

http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/mem...sm-warning.jpg

absolutalchemy 08-01-2011 06:52 PM

I have a Sahara which I use for off roading and as my DD, I primarily got it because I wanted the upgraded sound system and GPS. The 18 inch wheels now sit in my garage replaced by rubicon 17's with BFG M/T's. The silver trim removed. I think the Sahara is just an off road vehicle thats a touch more upgraded more daily driving too. I dont know if I would necessarily call it "soccer-mom-able"

TXCheney 08-01-2011 06:53 PM

I have a friend who has done the same thing with his Rubicon. Put 35" tires, Argent Pitners, 2.5" TF lift and Smitty XRCs on front and back because it "looks cool". He says he'll never even take it to the beach because it will mess it up.

GCM 2 08-01-2011 06:58 PM

All jeeps are badass! It's the owners who are the problem.

MarbleheadGuy 08-01-2011 06:59 PM

The Sahara has and also will be the 'luxury' Jeep. This is a fact. Can you make a nasty off roader with one? Of course. Can you be as much a Jeeper at heart as the guy driving the Rubicon? Absolutely. It's been said before but I'll say it again - a Jeep is a Jeep and they all kick ass.

uber 08-01-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by GCM 2 (Post 2440838)

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy (Post 2440839)
The Sahara has and also will be the 'luxury' Jeep. This is a fact. Can you make a nasty off roader with one? Of course. Can you be as much a Jeeper at heart as the guy driving the Rubicon? Absolutely. It's been said before but I'll say it again - a Jeep is a Jeep and they all kick ass.

you guys are spot on!

I love my Jeep:D

speed2005 08-01-2011 07:07 PM

wow get over yourself dude...What’s with the insults? Jealous you could not afford a $35,000 JK or something?
Love all Jeeps. Even the rusty POS' get respect from me.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1180657_n.jpg

AK4Dave 08-01-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy (Post 2440839)

Sorry....I drove an 2004 Sahara the same day I bought my 07' X, and believe me my bare bones X is a lot more luxury that it was....:yup::yup::yup:

White Sahara 08-01-2011 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A sahara can take it offroad too. I got the sahara because I wanted the options in it.

MarbleheadGuy 08-01-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by AK4Dave (Post 2440868)
Sorry....I drove an 2004 Sahara the same day I bought my 07' X, and believe me my X is a lot more luxury that it was....:yup::yup::yup:

Ok, didn't think I needed to clarify, but the Sahara is the luxury Jeep of each generation respectively. I hear you that your JK X was more luxurious than your TJ Sahara. Today, the JK Sahara is the luxury JK Jeep.

SBEII 08-01-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by uber (Post 2440826)
no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others?

Yeah! anything less than a Rubicon is a poser wannabe! :boss:Y'all need to take that lame stuff home. :crybaby:

No offense though!:harhar:

Jeep=Happy in any form:beer: except maybe lowered on 26" spinners.:rotflmao2:

Clay 08-01-2011 07:21 PM

Do you know what "KMA" stands for? You're just stirring the pot! :nuts:

SBEII 08-01-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 2440900)

* KMA Keep Me Advised
* KMA Kill Me Already
* KMA Kiss My A**
* KMA Keep Moving Ahead (forum)
* KMA I'm Finished Transmitting (Los Angeles Police radio code)

IDK but I'M guessing #3 for the win. Final answer.

benny 08-01-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 2440900)

You forgot to say no offense before saying KMA, that makes it ok to say.:beer:

SBEII 08-01-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by benny (Post 2440919)

Some people just don't have good manners!:doh: You could have said "bless your heart" That is another acceptable term you can use before insulting someone. These little curiosities help prepare people for the upcoming insult. :yup:

atc22 08-01-2011 07:31 PM

Hmm :thinking: Does it really matter why or where you drive your jeep? What are we in the Eight grade.......

As long as you :wave: at me when I drive by you are :thumbsup: with me!

I am pretty sure that if you are a member of this forum you have more than just a small interest in the Jeep life style and I am sure there are a lot of Sahara drivers on here. To single people out because they drive a Sahara is just :doh:

:rock:

SureShotXd 08-01-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy (Post 2440874)
Ok, didn't think I needed to clarify, but the Sahara is the luxury Jeep of each generation respectively. I hear you that your JK X was more luxurious than your TJ Sahara. Today, the JK Sahara is the luxury JK Jeep.

To me the rubi is the luxury jk, If pushing a button to disconnect the sway bars and locking the lockers isnt luxuary I dont know what is, Sahara look pretty. Heck I love them all!:beer:

SBEII 08-01-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SureShotXd (Post 2440932)
To me the rubi is the luxury jk, If pushing a button to disconnect the sway bars and locking the lockers isnt luxuary I dont know what is, :beer:

Them there is fightn wurds !:hot:

Clay 08-01-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by benny (Post 2440919)

We expect people who aren't into the Jeep thing to start crap. Why should Jeep owners try to separate, or berate people just because of the model they own. We are all proud Jeep owners no matter what model we buy, or what we decide to do with them. I just don't understand this type of mentality, so it irritates me. If it offends, so be it. Lets unite and be sociable to each other.

saharastyle1354 08-01-2011 07:45 PM

the painted hard tops scared me...wheelin with those? ahhh:eek2:

TMJK2007 08-01-2011 07:50 PM

My Sahara didn't come with chrome all over it, no color matched top, and the fenders do match (Oh the horror!!! :eek2:) I haven't taken it extreme offroading as I'm waiting til I get a nice lift. In the mean time I go driving though the woods. I am not a mom and for the not fitting into the culture... I learned to drive in a TJ, my dad has only had a Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, TJ, and a Liberty since I've been around. My mom drives a Compass. My husband and I between us have my JK, his Liberty and two Cherokees (one with a diesel engine out of a Scout) Too bad I'm not ito Jeep culture. :dontknow2:

All types of people buy Jeeps, which makes each of them awesome people. Even people who think they are better than others :wink:

M1222 08-01-2011 07:53 PM

People buy jeeps for all different reasons. Many of us don't live in the middle of nowhere so you buy a jeep and mod or no mod. A jeep is a jeep.

sm_rubi 08-01-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by GCM 2 (Post 2440838)

x2 :thumbsup:
For those who didn't know Off Road Evolutions EVO1 started out life as a Silver Sahara and I like most would consider it anything but a Mall Crawler.

jsears 08-01-2011 07:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So since my X is lower than a Sahara rankings I must only get to crawl at the Kindercare.

Maybe I can challenge some big wheels to the sandbox tomorrow.

SBEII 08-01-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 2440957)
We expect people who aren't into the Jeep thing to start crap. Why should Jeep owners try to separate, or berate people just because of the model they own. We are all proud Jeep owners no matter what model we buy, or what we decide to do with them. I just don't understand this type of mentality, so it irritates me. If it offends, so be it. Lets unite and be sociable to each other.

I think Benny was just poken fun. If not shame on you Benny! :nono:

No offense.... If anyone has been offended by any of my comments in this thread, you need to get thicker skin or lighten up.:beer:

Its easy to see he's trolling.

RedJeep91 08-01-2011 07:57 PM

Part of the reason why the JK unlimited is so successful is because they can be used in so many different ways. From picking up groceries, cruising around with the fam and the top down on a sunny day, to towing some toys, to playing in the mud. The JK has it all covered.

TMJK2007 08-01-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by saharastyle1354 (Post 2440967)
the painted hard tops scared me...wheelin with those? ahhh:eek2:

I would not get one - sounds like a lot of scratches to me!:crazyeyes:

uber 08-01-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2440993)
So since my X is lower than a Sahara rankings I must only get to crawl at the Kindercare.

Maybe I can challenge some big wheels to the sandbox tomorrow.

:rotflmao2: I love the people who deliberately miss the point....

jsears, your Jeep is just as awesome as everyone elses.... the fact that it is more awesome to you is what makes it special.....

JK, JKu, TJ, CJ ...2012...2011....soccer mom, factory worker, CEO, second coming of the messiah... what does it matter?

http://www.elsaelsa.com/wp-content/u...e-and-love.jpg

TURTLECON 08-01-2011 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought the wrong model?!? Why didn't anyone tell me not to get the Sahara?!?

SBEII 08-01-2011 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=NebRedrocker;2441006]I agree completely with you Clay

He probably really looks down on me.
QUOTE]

The OP drives a Sport/X

robsjeep9 08-01-2011 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GCM 2

Lol!! You mean SOME owners.

Lancejk 08-01-2011 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't feed the trolls. Yep

CreepJeep 08-01-2011 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The wife loves her Sahara.

She has the Mod Bug. (she just got it)
but I doubt she will be taking it on any 3 Diamond or higher trails (4&5)
just wants to make it her own.

She get's the Jeep thing. does the wave, off roads with me, reads JP on the
throne....

but I would never call her a mall crawler to her face.
She's punched people for less. I seen it.

jsears 08-01-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by uber

:rotflmao2: I love the people who deliberately miss the point....

jsears, your Jeep is just as awesome as everyone elses.... the fact that it is more awesome to you is what makes it special.....

JK, JKu, TJ, CJ ...2012...2011....soccer mom, factory worker, CEO, second coming of the messiah... what does it matter?

I got the point just fine. I just wanted to post pictures of the Jeep!

fadeout 08-01-2011 08:55 PM

honestly I've been on the HATE wagon for the color matched hardtops and the color matched fender flares....then I saw an all white I mean ALL white 2011 JKU with 35's and black wheels and fell for it. The stormtrooper look was downright bad ass. So if you get it dirty and take it off road and use it for doing something outdoors then more power to you no matter what model it is. If you spend a ton of $$$on it and it sits on the road all the time then I feel bad for the Jeep and you for never knowing how much fun it can actually be.

ChopN 08-01-2011 09:12 PM

I have a sahara but I use it. I ditched the fenders to chop the plastic ones but I like the painted fenders. Don't forget, Willys didn't have black plastic fenders. I don't understand why people hate on them. The color matched hard top didn't bother me until I started seeing a bunch of them in person. They don't wave back.

Bonedoc 08-01-2011 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Does this look like a chrome bumpered mall crawler to you?

What's up with that? So all of a sudden we are hating Saharas. I'm tired of hearing that the only good wranglers are Rubicons...blah..blah...blah. Bottomline they are all wranglers...just some different bells and whistles.

We all buy what we like, or can afford. Then we make it our own. That is the beauty of a Jeep. They are an extension of our personality, like all of us they are similar but unique and different.

Not to mention I've seen plenty of Saharas and X/sport that would go anywhere any Rubicon could and more, again, depending on how it is built and the driver of course.

Carl Spackler 08-01-2011 09:49 PM

I feel so ashamed... :naw:

Attachment 189257

Dynamo 08-01-2011 11:27 PM

People who feel the need to post threads mocking Saharas must spend a hell of a lot of time thinking about them. :thinking: