Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

saw this JK at the AIRPORT parking lot this weekend.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by taters_jk
I'm trying to reason why they would do this, but...I'm really stumped. I mean I took off my X sticker, but thats a little different. I mean if you're gonna do this, then buy an X buy some MOAB's and 33 BFG MT's and then slad on the sticker. that second guys Rubicon stiker isn't even the right size.
Yeah....I did that too. Cause the JK sticker is just about the same size and I thought the X sticker was kinda stupid lookin.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woody_k
Correct me if I ma wrong but couldn't a person buy a stock basic "X" like I did and then upgrade all on their own and make it like a Rubicon?
More or less, but it'll be more expensive then just going with the Rubicon. Generally, you start with the platform that is the best base for where you're going to go. The 4:1 transfer case was a big one for me as were the lockers. Everything else was candy. I also wanted something a little more built for the time between buying and when I could afford to build it up.

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
If you spend the money on your vehicle, you can do whatever you want with it.
Of course you can do whatever you want, but that is not even close to the point. It says allot about the person. No point in going into the psychology of the matter. But, for people that defend this type of posing it makes we wonder if they're really defending or reassuring themselves in some way.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this topic alot, And i have yet to see anyone claim to have done this.

Come on guys, Step out of the Rubiclone closet!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a Rubicon and put Sahara side steps on it cause I like them.
Kinda wish the Rubicon came with them, non the less they where cheap cause the dude I got them from just wanted them out of his garage.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Default Sad

This same topic applies to many different things, for example Harley's. I have a X. And in most cases it is on the same trails as Rubi. Funny though those who flaunt or judge. Let it be said I will winch out any knucklehead regardless of what's written on the hood. Jeep Baby
Old 12-08-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

To BeerMonkey's point, it could have been the dealership that did it so they could sell it for more, I would not put it past some of them right now.

Also, if this is the person's first Jeep, they may have no idea that the Rubicon decal denotes a totally different set up, they might think it's just a decal.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Yup, could be any of a million reasons. We may never know unless the owner logs on here and gives up the skinny. In any case it gave me the urge to put Rubi decals on my wife's RAV 4. I haven't given her a reason to kick my butt in weeks.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Duffy
Yup, could be any of a million reasons. We may never know unless the owner logs on here and gives up the skinny. In any case it gave me the urge to put Rubi decals on my wife's RAV 4. I haven't given her a reason to kick my butt in weeks.
You have to do that from time to time. It lowers the bar for your behavior for the rest of the time.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by southbaydog
I bought a Rubicon and put Sahara side steps on it cause I like them.
Kinda wish the Rubicon came with them, non the less they where cheap cause the dude I got them from just wanted them out of his garage.
That's quite a bit different too. There's a function to it. Although as already argued you will have difficulty with the steps on moderate or difficult trails.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Expressing and personalizing is one thing - trying to pass something off that it isn't is just deceitful and less than honest.

Perhaps there is something out there that we aren't aware of but good lord. Why pay all that money to have people question your integrity

Quick Reply: saw this JK at the AIRPORT parking lot this weekend.