Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Say it ain't so!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
i wish that jeep owners would stop arguing with one another and focus on the real enemies here. i.e. Hummers, Land Rovers, and Toyotas.... i have no problem with real land rovers like the defender and its various forms over the years, but the defender hasn't been in the US in over a decade now and a range rover is over $80k now...
jeep owners should unite and be glad that all forms of jeeps are not hummers
Amen to that brother!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Two years ago, I met up with a group at hotsprings. All TJ's, all very negative about the JK. I over heard them complaining about my JK so I told them I would be happy to follow them. These where all modified and locked TJs. 3 of the 4 had 35" tires and the other had 33" tires. At that time, I had a 3.25 lift with 35". Open front, limited slip in the back. They started with a 2 and 3s. By the end of the day, I did a 5. That night, they were really impressed with the JK. Especially the amount of abuse it took (keeping up with out lockers was tough). 4's at the ORV park in HotSprings are not easy. Since then, they have invited me back to wheel with them every thanksgiving. And none of them have ever said another negative think about my JK, except that it has too many doors.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

im sure the jk has a stiffer frame and beefier 44s the smaller engine kick out more hp and has better gas milage. it has a wider and longer stance then the tj stock it has a better approach angle and departure angle

but all in all cj yj tj jk i think they all suck until the are modded. i would never take any of these jeeps stock on the trails i run
remember real jeeps arent bought their built.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by White Widow
im sure the jk has a stiffer frame and beefier 44s the smaller engine kick out more hp and has better gas milage. it has a wider and longer stance then the tj stock it has a better approach angle and departure angle

but all in all cj yj tj jk i think they all suck until the are modded. i would never take any of these jeeps stock on the trails i run
remember real jeeps arent bought their built.
I agree with the above statement...to a point. I think that the TJ rubi's and the JK rubi's are some of the most capable vehicles out of the box. Once you buy a Rubi throw a small lift on it and 33s or 35s and you're pretty much hell bent to beat it on some of the medium trails out there. For all the nay sayers take them wheelin or go wheelin with them show them what the JK can handle, they'll shut up.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lc619fr
I agree with the above statement...to a point. I think that the TJ rubi's and the JK rubi's are some of the most capable vehicles out of the box. Once you buy a Rubi throw a small lift on it and 33s or 35s and you're pretty much hell bent to beat it on some of the medium trails out there. For all the nay sayers take them wheelin or go wheelin with them show them what the JK can handle, they'll shut up.
Yaz'zerr, x2

Quick Reply: Say it ain't so!