Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Has anyone ever broken in to your Wrangler / JK?
Yes, someone broke into my JK.
5.59%
Yes, someone broke into my Jeep, but it wasn't a JK.
11.19%
No, I've never had someone break in, but they vandalized my JK.
5.59%
Thank God, No, I've never had anyone mess with my JK.
77.62%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Security Thoughts and Poll

Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Security Thoughts and Poll

Hello,

My wife and I are looking into purchasing a new JK. We've often driven Wranglers before, but have never owned one.

I'd like to get the security system by Revelco, but I'm wondering if anyone can let me know what additional (aftermarket) security suggestions they have. I'm also wondering how many people have had their vehicles broken in to -- especially with respect to JKs with a soft top.

THANKS!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

well, for the past 2 weeks i've been goin around with no doors and the front 2 pieces of my freedom top off. I've seen 2 movies (transformers and harry potter, which were both pretty damn long) and no one ever took stuff from my car during those time periods. However, I didn't leave much in my car besides some loose change and the dust, haha.

I did get vandalized when i first got my JK. Some bastard/s threw an egg at my jeep right at my Sahara badge and below. It was a tough one to clean too cause some of the egg got stuck in the crevice between my car and the sidesteps. It was not a pleasant thing to wake up to on sunday morning before heading to church.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when it comes to security around here, the common motto is "don't leave anything in your JK of very much value or that can't be easily replaced."
Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You could borrow my dog?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

:toung:
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had some jerk pry the glovebox handle. The handle is ruined and the dash is scratched up a bit. I could have saved a bunch had I just left it unlocked. Nothing in there was worth more than the glovebox itself. I had the top and doors off and left it for 20 minutes in an empty store parking lot in the early afternoon. My advice is to not leave anything valuable in it and leave it unlocked. I really don't care if they steal my owners manual. Locking the doors will not stop a criminal, only leave you with more damage. I'm giving some thought to an alarm system but the Jeep is never out of my sight for longer than a few minutes and there's nothing to steal in it anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just dont get some people. I'd like to believe most of us here work their $@% off to get the things they want. Why do some poeple seem to think they can just take (or vandelize) something that isnt theirs! (am I spelling that right...theirs..thiers..th..whatever it just looks funny.) It just really ticks me off that we should even have to worry about security systems.

Trending Topics

Old 07-18-2007, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

absence does not make the heart grow fonder. if you'll miss it, don't leave it in the jeep.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 AM
JK Super Freak

So far nothing not even change in that little pocket in front of the shifter has been removed. I drive mine w/o doors and with only a Safari top everywhere. I do remove the CB and put it in the console depending on where I am but nothing has been stolen. Now of course I live in what is still (not much longer) the country and park mine inside my fence on the carport but I am talking even in the Wal-Mart parking lot or the one in front of the movie theater nothing gone.
If it makes you feel any better about 6 years ago my left front window of my Suburban was busted out and it was gone through. Only thing they got was a cell phone as at that time I used to leave it in the truck if I was out of range or did not want to be bothered by a call.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

If you have the soft top on, DO NOT LOCK YOUR DOORS! The top WILL get cut. Bastards...

Quick Reply: Security Thoughts and Poll