Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seriously?? Why is Benchmark Design still allowed on here???

Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously?? Why is Benchmark Design still allowed on here???

My husband (coltc2000) had to have the Mid width bumper and at the time we ordered ours Benchmark said that they had to have so many orders in order to start production and that the cost would be $300. We were require to pay half down then half when the item was ready to ship….so on 11/28/2010 we paid $150 via paypal. No response no tracking number.
On 3/5/2011 my husband noticed that people were starting to get their bumpers so we went online to paypal to pay the balance and referenced as much information forum the initial payment as we could. We immediately got an email from them as an order confirmation #210, but have not received anything from them since.
We have tried to call them on several occasions but keep getting voicemail.

I am more than a little disappointed and VERY upset with my experience with Benchmark!

With all the complaints on here maybe they should be banned from the forum so that more of us do not have to deal with this frustration!!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pain2coltc2000

My husband (coltc2000) had to have the Mid width bumper and at the time we ordered ours Benchmark said that they had to have so many orders in order to start production and that the cost would be $300. We were require to pay half down then half when the item was ready to ship….so on 11/28/2010 we paid $150 via paypal. No response no tracking number.
On 3/5/2011 my husband noticed that people were starting to get their bumpers so we went online to paypal to pay the balance and referenced as much information forum the initial payment as we could. We immediately got an email from them as an order confirmation #210, but have not received anything from them since.

I am more than a little disappointed and VERY upset with my experience with Benchmark!

With all the complaints on here maybe they should be banned from the forum so that more of us do not have to deal with this frustration!!
You mean he didn't even get his front bumper yet? He was one of the original group, wasn't he?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

yes I was one of the original 12 or so orders. I Am still waiting on the bumper I have emailed them on their website no response.

Last edited by coltc2000; 04-18-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Have you threatened to cancel your order or get your credit card company involved? That's what I did, and low and behold, Benchmark started to reply to my messages. A week later my bumper was on its way. I thought I was the only one from the original group that hadn't gotten theirs at that point. That was almost two months ago.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

wow crappy.
Hopefully they will post the other side of the story as well and you get the bumper or your $ back.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by speed2005
wow crappy.
Hopefully they will post the other side of the story....
Highly doubt it. They haven't logged on since early February. Do you blame them?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I just want my bumper. My wife wants the money. I will spend more money if the bumper gets here so she doesn't want to spend more money.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I asked the same question as you have

Originally Posted by pain2coltc2000

My thread was stopped after quite a few people responded to my thread which questioned why Benchmark was still a vendor. I sure would still like to know too.
As was suggested to me, may I suggest to you, PM Wayoflife and ask him.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi

i believe they pay to have their name and advertisement here on the forum ...which is no excuse for bad business practices
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before running out of time I have opened up a dispute with Paypal to get my money back on an order I haven't reeived. Not only have I not received any responses from Benchmark, but I was sent a FedEx tracking number stating that my order has shipped. That was a week ago. FedEx says they're still waiting for the package and haven't received it yet.
So now it looks like they're generating shipment tracking numbers but they aren't actually shipping anything out. SHADY! I just want my money back.

Quick Reply: Seriously?? Why is Benchmark Design still allowed on here???