Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I compromise on color and transmission?

Old 12-16-2006, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I compromise on color and transmission?

I had ordered pretty much a fully loaded Jeep Green auto, dual tops, supplemental air bags, power group, towing, etc

Found a black 6 speed loaded with everything else I had ordered and Sirius that I hadn't.

Seems like they are willing to deal to move it.

Might be 1-2 more months before I would see the one I ordered based on Jeff from Don-A-Vee's comments on Rubicons and hardtops.

If it was a black auto, probably would not even be posting this, but would be driving to do the deal on Monday.

But I just can't quite decide if I really want to compromise on the transmission too....its not that I don't know how to drive a stick....grew up in farming country and drove tractors and farm trucks from 10-12 on...and have owned sticks before. But for whatever reason, I have just always preferred an auto for anything sans a large truck that needed it, or a sports car.

Gives me pros (or cons) on why I should (or shouldn't) go for this one.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

you'll regret the color change...

But I think you would love the 6 speed..
Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

better to wait and what you really want for what your spending.It's a long term relationship.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Consider the money your spending. If you get what is easiest now then you have settled for something less than what you wanted and the money you spend will not seem worth it down the road. It might take longer but wait for what you want unless you find exactly what you want on a lot. Just my $.02.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait...in the end you will be happy you did.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:31 AM
HEK
JK Freak

I was in your boat a few days ago too, but color is one thing since I don't think the Rubis come in an "ugly" color but not the transmission, that is what makes driving fun.
I wanted a Black 6spds but they only had the Light Graystone Pearl and no cd changer, but one of the benefits where I work is that I can buy a Jeep product at 1% above invoice as long as it's already on the lot.
I don't regret it since I already have a black TL and as much as I love the color, I hate to see it dirty becuase it really shows.
Good luck in your decision.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

I wanted a jeep green 2dr sahara, They had a black 2dr sahara on the lot. I said i would never buy a black jeep. Well I drove the one on the lot, and after 1 month I love the black and never seconded guessed buying it once!

But, I would never have bought an auto jeep. 6 speed was a must for me. So I don't know how strongly you feel about the transmission thing. But I could live with any color.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Default My $.02 ...

Ask yourself if you're the finnicky type that likes your rigs a certain way. For some it just doesn't matter what color or tranny they have? You're spending a lot of money and probably going to have your JK a long time...I'd say wait to get exactly what you want. Now on the other hand I have a CJ7 that has a 5 sp and I love driving it but it's only a hobby rig not my DD. The less I drive it the more I like it. Having a 4dr JK with a hurst shifter and a 6sp would be cool. I don't hear many people say "I waited to get what I wanted but I wish I'd taken the other color and 6sp 2 months ago." Hang in there for what you ordered I think you'll be happier in the long run. I know it's tough - I'd be dying for the rig.
Good luck
Old 12-17-2006, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks all.

If it was the color alone, it would be have been a no brainer...when the wife and I went and looked at them months ago, one dealer walked the lot, and showed us every color, albeit not on JKs, but on other Jeeps for the most part. Jeep Green was the "first" choice, but it was just above Black, both Reds, the Stone White, and even the Silver would have been nice. The only 2 colors we hated was the Rescue Green (I know ALOT of you like it though) and the blue was only so-so for my tastes (again, know some of you lub it too).

But this will be a daily driver, and even a long trip driver, and potentially be a driver where 4 of us hop in, and take turns driving for a really long trip somewhere vehicle...so I think the auto would still probably be the best choice.

As much as it pains me to think of waiting another 1-2 months to see this thing, think it will be a hold tight, and wait for the one I ordered.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Autos suck!!!

Trust me, the 6-Spd is awesome.
Chrysler automatics are awful. You will not want one in 4 years.

The Color though.....
I have a Black JK, and I wish I got a Jeep green one.

But if you like the black, Just remember to wax it every 2 months.

Quick Reply: Should I compromise on color and transmission?