Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Side Airbags

Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiser
I'll change what I said,, the 2008's with 1/2 doors have the side airbags mandatory,, at least thats what I was told by multiple sources..
Steve
Well unless they changed that after 9/19/07 thats not true, I had on order a rubi unlim with half doors and NO air bags....I wound up getting another rubi and the dealer got that order in 12/28 and no airbags. Matter of fact they finally sold it last week.

I just went to jeep.com and built out a half door jeep without airbags.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my Jeep because of the side air bags. They did not have any on the lots with them. I figure $490 is worth it if it saves my life. I also opted for power windows, Infinity with sub and a few more items. They were also well worth it. Why not have a nice comfortable vehicle.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
Well unless they changed that after 9/19/07 thats not true, I had on order a rubi unlim with half doors and NO air bags....I wound up getting another rubi and the dealer got that order in 12/28 and no airbags. Matter of fact they finally sold it last week.

I just went to jeep.com and built out a half door jeep without airbags.
When the half doors were released, side air bags were manditory. In late 07 model year that was dropped and half doors could be had without the side air bags.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

As to power windows it's a very nice feature for the time of year when you have the doors on for cool temps but it just gets warm in the afternoon yet not enough for AC. Then agian I live in the south. They do make the doors heavy and are a PIA to get the plugs undone to take the doors off. I still would not want to do without thoudh.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where my and my wife's safety is concerned - yes, the extra money is worth it. Are they in the seat - I sure hope so
Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Ordered my jeep because couldn't find an unlimited rubi on the lot with the sidebags and all the other options I wanted. NO doubt worth the money. Will take all the help my family and I can get with the side impact crash test rating the jk's got.

As the wifey likes to say.... "Safety First"
Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sully151
Yeah, I think I am going to get them. This is the reason I am ordering the Jeep.

Now what do you have to say about the power convenience group in a 4 door?

It seems weird to have power windows and doors in a Jeep, but with a 4 door and a 10 month old it kind of makes sense.
On a 2-door, I could live without power windows and locks 'cuz it's easy to just reach across and open the other window or door. But on a 4-door I think they are essential. Imagine unlocking all 4 doors one-by-one so your kids can get in and out. Or driving down the highway and your 3 year old in the back seat says "daddy, I'm cold, can you close my window?"....then you have to pull over and close it. Then of course, 5 minutes later, "daddy, I'm hot, can you open my window?"

Get the power windows and locks. I know it seems wrong in a Jeep, but with 4 doors they are necessary.

Quick Reply: Side Airbags