Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So I got a jeep buyback notice today?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question So I got a jeep buyback notice today?

From the dealership I bought my 08 Rubicon from.

"We are in desperate need to acquire several pre-owned 2008 Jeep Wranger vehicles by May 31, 2009 in order to fulfill special vehicle requests. Our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle at or above market prices."

Other than getting a new 09 (which doens't make any difference to me) can anybody see ANY reason for me to do this? I think its just their way of getting people to spend more money to get a newer model Jeep? I've never heard of this before, so if somebody knows what this is about I'd appreciate it if you could explain it to me.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's is common dealer BS. They do it to everyone. You have already wasted more time than it is worth.

Next will come the extended warranty BS. every week. Don't take the bait.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gotcha, I figured thats what it was. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

as a manager at a car dealership i can tell you that it is simply a mass mailer used to generate traffic for the dealership.......that being said, pre-owned jeeps are bringing BLOOD at the auction right now.....well over nada trade in value...so if you ARE at all interested in trading up to a newer model, it could be worth your while to go in for an appraisal, but don't expect miracles.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi

It's nothing more than a dealer promotional item, have gotten those things on and off for the last few years around here.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

I get those once in a while along with the extended warranty offers. The thing is, the vehicles they are soliciting for I no longer own! A 2003 Chrysler Sebring and a 2003 Jeep KJ Renegade, both of which I traded for the JK Unlimited over 2 years ago.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

I got one of those letters on a Volkswagen Golf I used to have. I was looking for a new car at the time, so I humored them and stopped by. The salesman disappeared with my letter for about 15 minutes and then returned without it, but brought a finance manager with him. Long story short, I never saw the letter again that said they were offering to buy my car back for the full amount I owed on it, and they quickly moved the subject to how I should lease a new GTI.

My response was to go down the street and buy a new car at a different dealer and then go back with it, get the salesman's attention, and then wave as I drove away laughing. I hate shady crap....
Old 05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

i stopped in my local dealership for a soft top shoulder bolt ($6.50 for one stupid bolt) and a sales guy approached me and "made me an offer" im in absolutely no mood to "trade up" and politely told him no thanks.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wonder what they'd offer if I take my jeep over to the dealer like this

and I can have this pic on the dashboard
Old 06-01-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Holy Toledo tkob!!!

I beleive that's the deepest I have ever seen a JK go through water (and survive). I see why you put on a snorkel. Any afteraffects from that plunge?

Quick Reply: So I got a jeep buyback notice today?