Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sold the jeep

Old 11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the jeep

Hey guys,
Sold the jeep about a month ago for a Benz. We had a baby! Just wanted to say thanks for a great site and great people.
I joined a mercedes forum and truth be told im not impressed. Alot of talk about lowering and 20 inch staggered wheels.
If you all dont mind Im going to hang out here and look at all your jeeps and talk with REAL people.
Hopefully in 2 years Im going to buy another 07.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackjp4dr
Come back soon
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Hey guys,
Sold the jeep about a month ago for a Benz. We had a baby! Just wanted to say thanks for a great site and great people.
I joined a mercedes forum and truth be told im not impressed. Alot of talk about lowering and 20 inch staggered wheels.
If you all dont mind Im going to hang out here and look at all your jeeps and talk with REAL people.
Sorry to hear you sold the Jeep. The Merc will be nice but I hope you're good with the wrench. I have the baby Benz AMG and let me tell you, they take you to the bank when they can. After a few experiences with them, I can tell you I wrench both of my junk now. If you can afford the extended warranty through Benz I highly recommend getting it. Which model did you buy?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK
Sorry to hear you sold the Jeep. The Merc will be nice but I hope you're good with the wrench. I have the baby Benz AMG and let me tell you, they take you to the bank when they can. After a few experiences with them, I can tell you I wrench both of my junk now. If you can afford the extended warranty through Benz I highly recommend getting it. Which model did you buy?
09 E350 sports package with 30000 miles left on warranty. Drives great, will not do any mods and yes I will buy extended warranty.
I dont know why jeepers wont wave to me any more!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

They do make a Wrangler that is family friendly.

Never mind I see you had the Unlimited. Why did you feel the need to get rid of it?

Last edited by Red Wings; 11-29-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 AM
cjp
JK Newbie

Hey guys,
Congrats on the baby, bummer on the Jeep! The first of many sacrifices you'll be making for a kid who won't appreciate it...
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjp
Congrats on the baby, bummer on the Jeep! The first of many sacrifices you'll be making for a kid who won't appreciate it...
LOL....how true.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Wings
They do make a Wrangler that is family friendly.

Never mind I see you had the Unlimited. Why did you feel the need to get rid of it?
Yeah, what he said...
Old 11-29-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shell
Yeah, what he said...
Personal preference. Safety being the main concern. Closer to the ground and alot more airbags. I know there are many that have newborns with jeeps and feel perfectly safe. I just want to give him a fighting chance in case of an accident. I know this can be argued, but again it is my personal opinion. I know that we cant predict the outcome of an accident, many walk away and many die in all makes and models.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,
Yeah I've noticed that. WHen I had a Lexus GS430 it seemed like everyone on ClubLexus was talking about lowering the car as much as possible and fitting the biggest wheels possible. One guy's wheels were so big he couldn't turn in the middle of a bump. Even something as simple as pulling into a driveway

I've found the intelligence of the forum communities is a good indicator of the quality of the vehicle, so I make it a habit to go on the forums for vehicles I _may_ purchase and see what the people are like.

Quick Reply: Sold the jeep