Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some opinions on this JK

Old 10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some opinions on this JK

I'm not in the market for a JK now, but I know I will have one eventually. For the time being, still enjoying my TJ.

I did come across this listing in autotrader, and well it has me thinking. I just thought I would get some opinions form you guys (and gals) and see what you thought. Does it look like a fair price and worth pursuing? I'm about 2 hours away from that dealer.

A couple of pics

It's got 3200 miles on it. Looks like a basic X with the Rubi wheels and tires. I don't really know for sure. It doesn't have power windows, which I thought was standard on the higher end X.

What do you guys think? Is that Jeep worth the asking price ($24,975 at the time of this post)? Thanks everyone.

Last edited by toad; 10-21-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Please no links to third party sellers.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless it is a 2010, IMO $25K is too high. Dealers in my corner of the world will go down 2-3K below asking price many times.

It looks like a clean vehicle. How is the undercarriage? Full of mud?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Don't know. I'm about 2 hours away, so I thought I would get some opinions first before heading out that way.

EDIT: I did a build for a 2010 Sport on Edmunds.com just to see what results I would get. With the 23s package, Infinity 6spkers/sub, and 3.73 gears, it comes to 28,000 MSRP and 27,000 Invoice.

Looks like I might have to pass and just hold out a bit longer. Bummer

Last edited by Yesfan70; 10-21-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't been tracking the used JK market lately, but over the summer there were quite a few JKs for sale. At one point I thought there was something major wrong with them.

I know. What little faith!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine in june with almost the same setup for $19,700. But now i think that was way too low and fair would be 22-23.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default !!

Originally Posted by Yesfan70
I'm not in the market for a JK now, but I know I will have one eventually. For the time being, still enjoying my TJ.

I did come across this listing in autotrader, and well it has me thinking. I just thought I would get some opinions form you guys (and gals) and see what you thought. Does it look like a fair price and worth pursuing? I'm about 2 hours away from that dealer.

A couple of pics

It's got 3200 miles on it. Looks like a basic X with the Rubi wheels and tires. I don't really know for sure. It doesn't have power windows, which I thought was standard on the higher end X.

What do you guys think? Is that Jeep worth the asking price ($24,975 at the time of this post)? Thanks everyone.
No way my friend!!
I paid $27,800 for an Unlimited 2009, hardtop fully equiped in Feb. 2009 brand new
and that's in Puerto Rico where we pay 40% more because local taxes...
Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

That seem's a bit steep for a base X model with just a soft top. Mind you I paid $25k for a new '08 rubicon unlimited which was fairly well equipped in April of this.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yesfan70

A couple of pics

Call Carquest in duluth Ga they specilize in used cars,but are also a new jeep dealer they wil give you the best price,i have even read on here where people came from up north to get their jeep and it still saved them money
Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Remember, that's just their asking price to start negotiating.
You can certainly get it for less, especially if it's been on the lot for a while.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

I got my brand new Sahara with all options except the automatic transmission last year for $24500. However, I'm not sure how much the market has changed in the last year. With Chrysler out of bankruptcy and producing less vehicles I would expect prices to go up slightly as supply is down. I would say you could negotiate your way down and if not maybe look for another deal.

Quick Reply: Some opinions on this JK