Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some people just dont get it

Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people just dont get it

So i pull up at the gas station today with no doors and this older lady and her husband walk up to me and ask" what year is that?" I say its an 07. they both say at the same time "well why would you take the doors off something that new?". i just looked and said they are made to come off very easily they asked me like 5 more times "why thou?" i finally gave up and said its a jeep thing and smiled as i pulled away
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Had a lady ask me did my jeep come from the dealer the way it looks , I just smiled and said no , another time a guy in a liberty ask me if he can take his doors off too , I just smiled and said maybe ( I know damn well he can't )

It happens more then we think it does , but I wonder does it happen just as much to other vehicles
Old 06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

A lady saw me set my alarm with no doors on and questioned me for 10 minutes like a little kid..."why, but why, but why?" I started laughing and finally walked away.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Removing doors

I haven't pulled my doors off yet but I am just itching to take them off. I took the top off last month and refuse to put it back on. In removing the doors, is there any difficulty on putting them back on? Such as getting them lined up or getting them go fit right?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Skidster
I haven't pulled my doors off yet but I am just itching to take them off. I took the top off last month and refuse to put it back on. In removing the doors, is there any difficulty on putting them back on? Such as getting them lined up or getting them go fit right?
No issues just unplug wire harness and take off doors. They go back on just as easy. No alignment.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skidster
Until you get adjusted to removing them and putting them on have someone help. Make sure you don't take the straps loose until you are holding door (level ground is best) and be sure to unplug the power cable. The doors will swing open and you will get a dimple mod if the straps are loose and you aren't paying attention. Leave the windows down, it helps with transport. Check to make sure the doors aren't stuck in the hinge, probably not an issue with a newer Jeep. If stuck, WD40 or some type of lubricant will help. They are actually easy to remove and replace, takes me 10 minutes for all 4 and 6 minutes of that is moving them into the house.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

i get veryyy strange looks driving around with no doors and my trektop in the rain. the other day my hockey bag got soaked on my backseat after i decided to plow through a puddle on the way to a skate. kids asked me, wow, is it really worth getting your floors seats and cargo all wet? i told them, it sure is, it'll be sunny tomorrow, it will dry out, and all will be well
Old 06-16-2012, 04:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I had my doors off for the first time about a week ago. Went into the grocery store parking lot. Had someone ask me if they come standard that way or if it is an option. I told them...option, much cheaper to buy them without the doors. Then went on my way...gotta laugh at some of the questions.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
I had my doors off for the first time about a week ago. Went into the grocery store parking lot. Had someone ask me if they come standard that way or if it is an option. I told them...option, much cheaper to buy them without the doors. Then went on my way...gotta laugh at some of the questions.
WIN! I love that.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Every time some one asks and sometimes I don't wiat for them to ask, I just say to them Its the only way to drive, now they look at me like I have two heads then I tell them Its a jeep thing you wouldn't understand. The exspression that is left on they face " priceless "

Quick Reply: Some people just dont get it