Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some people just dont get it

Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well finally the weather here on Long Island has been great and is staying great. Doors have been off for two days now and I am hoping they get to stay off longer. Oh yeah enjoying this Long Island weather.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Jul
JK Newbie

Default That was Entertainment...

Originally Posted by 07redjk
So i pull up at the gas station today with no doors and this older lady and her husband walk up to me and ask" what year is that?" I say its an 07. they both say at the same time "well why would you take the doors off something that new?". i just looked and said they are made to come off very easily they asked me like 5 more times "why thou?" i finally gave up and said its a jeep thing and smiled as i pulled away
That was entertaining. It must just be our area of the state...(A guy in Halifax asked me where I put my window stickers if I have a soft top)
... or in your case, it could just be the fact that they were just old people being old people...some of them are really good at it.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get all the same questions and reactions since I've been doorless for 2-3 months now. You're absolutely right that some people just don't get it. My replies usually vary:

"I couldn't afford the doors."
"They got stolen!"
"I can't remember where I put them."
"No, I'm NOT afraid I'm going to fall out. I have seatbelts, see?!"
"Yes, it's as fun as it looks!"
"No, I don't get that cold. Yes, my wife hates it."

It's also pretty neat when you meet someone who randomly tells you "sick jeep, man!" or "your jeep looks badass!" cause you know that they "get it".
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2dr 09 jk, and I love putting on my body armor trail doors. And I get all those questions too, it always makes me laugh. My favorite answer is, I took them off and now I don't know how to put them back on. Haha, some people really just don't get it
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had all four doors off today and got my real first comments about it in years of doorless driving....

I just was told by a lady (50s maybe) today who was driving with her very emasculated looking husband(I assume) in the passenger seat, that I should be locked up. Cause anyone crazy enough to drive with no doors on is a danger to everyone.

I told her my wife said the same thing a couple miles back.

Being as I was alone in the Jeep she looked around and then just gave me a look of disdain as the light turned green.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CruSHeDJkUR
Had all four doors off today and got my real first comments about it in years of doorless driving....

I just was told by a lady (50s maybe) today who was driving with her very emasculated looking husband(I assume) in the passenger seat, that I should be locked up. Cause anyone crazy enough to drive with no doors on is a danger to everyone.

Being as I was alone in the Jeep she looked around and then just gave me a look of disdain as the light turned green.
You win, I think that's the best one yet!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the front doors off for a couple months now and I finally took the back doors off yesterday. (Three car seats in the back has kept me worried about doing it.) Anyway, took the doors off and now I'm waiting for the concerned citizen to ask me about driving around with kids in the back and no doors. I'm really just waiting to tell someone to mind their own business.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
"No, I don't get that cold. Yes, my wife hates it."

It's also pretty neat when you meet someone who randomly tells you "sick jeep, man!" or "your jeep looks badass!" cause you know that they "get it".
First...I have the best wife in the world cause she actually gets mad if I talk about putting the doors back on.

Second... Like I always tell people that ask most of these questions.. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you!

It's a Jeep thing.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lighting Guy
You win, I think that's the best one yet!
Yep, that's a win right there. . .
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CruSHeDJkUR
Cause anyone crazy enough to drive with no doors on is a danger to everyone.

That there's funny. I don't care who you are.

Quick Reply: Some people just dont get it