Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Speed bumps

Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Stock doesn't have much up travel but if you get evo's double throw down I'm sire you can go like 100 lol

Jeepin on a budget
-Jeek
If your jeep can even reach 100 lol mine sure can't
Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

At the mall here there are huuuuge ones...like you drive up, across, then down them. They are more like a raised sidewalk or somethi......ohhhh sh*t
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Speed bumps

Speed bumps are simply inverted pot holes. Wouldn't it be cheaper for parking lot owners to just have a dang pot hole in the lot?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doesyourdogbite
Speed bumps are simply inverted pot holes. Wouldn't it be cheaper for parking lot owners to just have a dang pot hole in the lot?
we share the same logic my friend. Somewhere along the way, we as a society have convinced ourselves that a property owner is fully responsible for damage incurred by a pothole that was not intended to be placed. Contrary, a property owner is not responsible for damages incurred which are caused by a deliberate build up of hard material. Both, can result in loss of control, damage which could potentially cause harm to another, etc. It's a jacked up (not lift wise) world we meander through.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

The correct answer is it depends on the property owner how fast you should go. After all, some will go to extremes to discourage speeders over their speed bumps ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=139857653486
Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doesyourdogbite
Indeed. I do not have to drive 25 miles to the nearest mall to find speed bumps. There are inverted ones no further than the end of my driveway.

The game I play is not to see how fast I can take them, but how many I can miss.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a stupid question! How much fried chicken can you eat before you have a heart attack. Take them as you would in a car. If you hit them at a high rate of speed you are just asking to break something. I can already see what your next post will be......so,I developed DW and I don't know why? Please help.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 10-31-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
That's a stupid question! How much fried chicken can you eat before you have a heart attack. Take them as you would in a car. If you hit them at a high rate of speed you are just asking to break something. I can already see what your next post will be......so,I developed DW and I don't know why? Please help. Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
To answer your fried chicken inquiry, it really depends on the amount of processed foods, void of digestive enzymes, that line your arterial walls, and how much one sits on their arss. Deep frying in a non-hydrogenated fat like macadamia or coconut will allow one to behave like they are at an "all you can eat."
Old 10-31-2013, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

It's a Jeep. That means you should be driving around the speed bumps anyways..
Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

The REAL question you should be asking is: "what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

Quick Reply: Speed bumps