Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sport vs. Rubicon????

Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is funny that the guy who made this site buys Rubicons and does more off roading than 99% of us.....

Look up RubiCat
Old 04-27-2013, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Apple's to apple's......... the difference is $3090.......... + or - $23.

Transfer case upgrade
Dana 44
Skid plates
17" wheels
32" BFG tires
Lockers
Sway bar disconnect
Tow hooks
Seats
Heated mirrors
Floor mats
and lot's more.......

Why all the hate from most of these sport owners.......
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not hate, it's our way of justifying that we're just as badass as the Rubicon owners... If I were able to I would've bought the Rubi and happily replaced the same parts anyway... I'm a proud sport owner who has discovered the chance to make mine better with aftermarket parts than a Rubi... Who doesn't wanna pay for the fancy stickers?!?!

The bottom line is, are u hardcore? If so get a sport and spend the money on pr44/60's, lockers and all that extra stuff u get with a Rubi that ur gonna change anyway...

If you're like the other 98.5% of Jeople and like to offroad with your DD then get a Rubi and enjoy its majesty for years before having to spend the money to get an even more capable rig than a massive majority of other available "off road" machines...

Ooooor get a sport and convince yourself that, that's what u wanted to do in the first place and build it as u go...
Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love when people compare the price of a base sport, soft top, 6 speed, no a/c to a rubicon with hard top, auto trans, nav, upgraded stero, and tons of other goodies.

At the end of the day it was roughly 3k difference between a rubicon and similarly equipped sport. I actually did the math and priced it at the dealership. I think 3k for the mt tires, axle, lockers, sliders, sway bar, and 4.10 gears is fair. Not to mention I still have a warranty.

Oh well, its the internet. If dumb people didn't spout out nonsence and spread rumors, there would be nothing to do.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ x2 10char
Old 04-28-2013, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
I love when people compare the price of a base sport, soft top, 6 speed, no a/c to a rubicon with hard top, auto trans, nav, upgraded stero, and tons of other goodies.

At the end of the day it was roughly 3k difference between a rubicon and similarly equipped sport. I actually did the math and priced it at the dealership. I think 3k for the mt tires, axle, lockers, sliders, sway bar, and 4.10 gears is fair. Not to mention I still have a warranty.

Oh well, its the internet. If dumb people didn't spout out nonsence and spread rumors, there would be nothing to do.
Don't forget the 4:1 t-case, d44, and rock rails.

Sent using my SuperSmartThinky Phone
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your math might be a little off, here's what I came up with, no nonsense or rumors, just simple math...
Sport S msrp $29,655
Rubicon msrp $35,955

Both are 2 doors identically spec'd with dual top, trailer tow package, connectivity package and power package for a price difference of $6,300.

Last edited by slider_68; 04-28-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RKracing
It is funny that the guy who made this site buys Rubicons and does more off roading than 99% of us.....

Look up RubiCat

It's funny that no one talks crap about Eddie's Rubicon..........................
Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Thank you. As you know, you are correct
Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are we really going to revive this thread from the dead again??

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 04-28-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport vs. Rubicon????