Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

spray or roll-on bedliner for HINGES

Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spray or roll-on bedliner for HINGES

Hey guys,

I've decided that i'm going to use monstaliner to bedline my hinges. They sell a small kit for things like bumpers and roll cages and I've heard great things bout their product. It's UV protected and long-lasting. The small kit is about 42 bucks So i'm really looking forward to doing this myself.

My question is, do you think I should roll-on this bedliner or by the spray gun for it? I have a compressor so i COULD use the spray gun.

I'm worried about he bolts and the fact the hinges are so small. Anyone have experience or opinions to share? What would you do?

What i like about the roll-on option is that it applies the coat pretty thick and evenly. Sometimes spraying can be hard..
Old 06-27-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

This was a buddy of mine but he used the dupicolor bed armor to do his entire YJ. He rolled his on and it came out like a glossy black and then he sprayed his bumper on his truck with the same stuff and it came out flat black. Idk if the monstaliner will do the same or not just giving you a heads up just incase. I would do a lil practice on some piece of junk metal and see how both turns out.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
This was a buddy of mine but he used the dupicolor bed armor to do his entire YJ. He rolled his on and it came out like a glossy black and then he sprayed his bumper on his truck with the same stuff and it came out flat black. Idk if the monstaliner will do the same or not just giving you a heads up just incase. I would do a lil practice on some piece of junk metal and see how both turns out.
Thanks for the heads up. Great advice!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used flat black enamel spray paint.

the purpose of the hinge painting was because the paint would bubble. not sure when or why people decided to use bed lining on it.

but to answer your question, would spray.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Apostle
I used flat black enamel spray paint.

the purpose of the hinge painting was because the paint would bubble. not sure when or why people decided to use bed lining on it.

but to answer your question, would spray.
I was going to spray with paint as well but I've just grown fond of the beeline texture and would also like to use it on something small before using it on something like my fenders

Quick Reply: spray or roll-on bedliner for HINGES