Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stall Bug Reflash DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just talked to SDMF last night and he has stalled 6 times while cruising down the freeway. His dealer wont do anything because they cant duplicate it and he doesn't fall under the recall.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I just talked to SDMF last night and he has stalled 6 times while cruising down the freeway. His dealer wont do anything because they cant duplicate it and he doesn't fall under the recall.
I hear ya Rubimon but actually I was refering to this statement: "If you were built that far after the fix you already have the fix."

I can't see how my JK has the "Stall Bug fix" because it just happened to me even though my build date is far beyond the G25 recall date. Many others with later builds including '08 models are reporting the problem also. So what DC thought they fixed obviously they didn't. I think it's a shame that our dealers won't apply a new flash if we are having the exact issue as stated in the recall just because our build dates are beyond the one stated in the notice.

So like SDMF, my JK stalls for no reason and no dealer wants to do anything about it, even though there is a recall issued for the symptoms we are experiencing. We can't get our vehicles fixed because the build date doesn't match the notice.

Sorry, just venting. This is very frustrating
Old 09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just had mine reflashed this week and I truely dont feel comfortable that it wont happen to me. I haven't experienced the problem yet, but I had it flashed anyway. That way the liability is taken off my back and put back on theirs, for whatever that is worth.!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas718
Since the on-board computer doesn't record any evidence of the stall, just drive your jeep into a tree, say it stalled, then sue the guy for millions for refusing to do the work that would have prevented it. Isn't this how we do things in America these days?

Like it!

How long does it take to perform the "stall bug" flash?

It's still happening on Jeeps built after the bulletin date.

I guess Jeep is waiting until some horrible accident with fatalities happens before they really take it seriously?

My wife and I agreed that if it happens to my Jeep , especially if I have the kids with me, then the Jeep goes away for good.Its just not worth the risk after that. I hope mine doesn't happen at high speeds.

SFD1248Unlimited, get it in print, like on your service invoice that the flash was DENIED. I don't know if its worth anything, but at least you have documentation from the Service Dept that you requested the flash but were told they wouldn't do it.

Last edited by BrinksJeep; 09-11-2007 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be curious to know if anyone who has gotten the recall/TSB flash has had any problems since getting it done. We know that ones built after the cutoff date still have the problem, but we don't know if the flash has actually fixed the problem.

Most of them seemed to happen every 1500-3000 miles. I'd think some who got the recent flash would be in that ballpark by now.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MY Sahara only stalled once

At 4000 or so miles, never happend again. I had the flash done about 2500 miles ago, currently I am at 14,000+/-, and have not had another incident.
The only difference I can see is that when I come to a stop, or slow for a stop, the RPM's tend to bump up higher than before, and then settle into a normal idle. My stall happened while I was slowing down in traffice and was barely off idle. Other than that I cannot tell any other difference in shifting or running of the Jeep
Auto tranny
2 door
Sahara

Marc
Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

I've had the flash done on my Unlimited Rubi and all I've noticed is the shifting on my auto is at higher RPM's. My fuel economy has also gotten worse by 60miles per tank.

I had no stall problems before the flash. Build date in Jan. 07

Quick Reply: Stall Bug Reflash DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!