Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

stalled out won't restart

Old 03-04-2014, 11:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my baby back today. Turns out that the problem was the fuel pump. Apparently running the Jeep too low on fuel then the force of going through the big puddle blew the pump. All was covered under the warranty thank god.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan-i-am
Got my baby back today. Turns out that the problem was the fuel pump. Apparently running the Jeep too low on fuel then the force of going through the big puddle blew the pump. All was covered under the warranty thank god.

It is my understanding running real low can be bad for the in tank pump. I do not understand how hitting the water affected it though. The demand for fuel from the sudden engine load being the final straw maybe? I did not know the new electric pumps worked that way. /shrug.

No matter, I am happy for you it was fixed.

Last edited by Yankee; 03-06-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2012 jk started knocking/ ticking going through an intersection and stalled, wouldn't start. Got it towed to the dealer. Ended up being a broken valve spring on the D/S not sure what cylinder. Only has 45000km, covered under warranty though.

Quick Reply: stalled out won't restart