Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stately/Classy Colors

Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doc_D
Black is as classy as a jeep can get.

P.S. I pick up my black rubicon tomorrow so I may be slightly biased.
I like black. In fact it is my favorite color for many things. However, 1) half the jeeps over the past 5-7 years are black. 2) black vehicles get damn hot in the south and southwest.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
My premlinary conclusion is Red Rock. I've done a lot of posting/reading/posting/ reading....on this topic, and well I'm just stumped. The truth is....I can live with any color....but would like to get a color that won't get boring and will turn heads when very clean....

Hmmm....I saw a Steel Blue approach a restauraunt the other day....very nice....too bad they're not being made any more....I know I am overthinking all of this, but waiting for the money to come together is too agonizing, this forum helps vent my frustration of saving money...rock on!
I agree, of the existing colors, Red Rock would be my choice for a "stately" look. My wife and I also liked the Steel Blue for the same reasons and we almost ordered that color.

I also agree that black when clean looks very sharp. However, it is hard to keep clean and looking sharp.

Last edited by Keith615; 05-23-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: still learning to spell
Old 05-23-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow Black gets a bad rap

Look:
...It is filthy and still looks smokin' Hot

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkat
A beautiful trail rig that looks like this?

To me RubyDoo is beautiful what ever she looks like.
Hell, that's just sexy jkkat.
I went with Steel Blue, but Red rock was running a close second. Whatever you chose, you could alway pick up a black tie affair decal. That'll certainly dress it up some. One of our members has one on his black JK. I love it!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Black is the classiest and can be dressed formally. I was in the same position as you. Nothing and I mean nothing makes the Jeep look like a nice classy vehicle other than a 4 door black model. You may want to get Sarah for the fenders as well.

I rarely see black... I know it is a common color for cars, but I don't see many black jeeps on the streets.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

My Jeep Green Sahara with Khaki when cleaned up (which is rare), is about as sharp as it comes IMO.

When cleaned and waxed, the Green is about as deep as they come.

This isn't a great pic as it's not super clean, but the color contrast is good in this pic o you get an idea of how the khaki looks.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

I saw a couple of blacks on the road today. its simply beautiful. Black or Red Rock. Two colors which can play hard, but clean up nicely.

Def. getting a sahara. btw.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

As much as I hate to say it I thik in this situation (and only for this reason) black with chrome accents. Personally I don't like chrome on a jeep but you want/need something that pops and looks good enough so people (you are trying to impress a bit ie clients) want to get in it. I think that black with chrome accents will add just the right touch and yet you still have a jeep underneath it all.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
As much as I hate to say it I thik in this situation (and only for this reason) black with chrome accents. Personally I don't like chrome on a jeep but you want/need something that pops and looks good enough so people (you are trying to impress a bit ie clients) want to get in it. I think that black with chrome accents will add just the right touch and yet you still have a jeep underneath it all.
Blasphemy. Based on some of his other posts, it sounds like he's already decided on 20" Rockstar wheels. That's all the bling he'll ever need.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryno
Blasphemy. Based on some of his other posts, it sounds like he's already decided on 20" Rockstar wheels. That's all the bling he'll ever need.
Yeah, I do plan on going with Rockstars, my alternate wheel is Moto Metal 951 in silver.

I think the Rockstars, with the silverish center cap and the silver fender trim. on the sahara, will look great on black

With Red Rock, I might be inclined to go with the silver moto metals as can be seen on user "Joseph" JK.....It absolutley amazing looking. Super Clean!

Quick Reply: Stately/Classy Colors