Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stately/Classy Colors

Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stately/Classy Colors

I know this thread will proabably attract a lot of attention from our die hards....so flame away.

My JK will be used for all-around activity. If I can get out on some light trails, or sand trails, I will. But first and foremost, it will be a pavement queen. I'll use it a lot for work, which involves picking up clients from airport, running errands with my boss (I work for a private individual). Thus I'd like to have a color that looks good when clean, stately, and classy. I'd like to go with Moto Metals or KMC Rockstars....so that's a factor.

My premlinary conclusion is Red Rock. I've done a lot of posting/reading/posting/ reading....on this topic, and well I'm just stumped. The truth is....I can live with any color....but would like to get a color that won't get boring and will turn heads when very clean....

Hmmm....I saw a Steel Blue approach a restauraunt the other day....very nice....too bad they're not being made any more....I know I am overthinking all of this, but waiting for the money to come together is too agonizing, this forum helps vent my frustration of saving money...rock on!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Red Rock is a beautiful color.

Personally I think White would be a good choice for you. Just another thought, maybe you should get a Sahara model as the color keyed fenders and whatnot make it look more like stately.

White with black wheels is hot.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black is as classy as a jeep can get.

P.S. I pick up my black rubicon tomorrow so I may be slightly biased.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

I personally like the looks of the Black Sahara, nicely polished.
but that is just MY opinion.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Dark colors are always very elegant...........however...........they get dirty and dusty very easily. If you want to impress anyone you will have to constantly clean the vehicle. I love the Red Rock Crystal and think the contrast of the black fenders, top and trim is awesome. To tell the truth, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors offered with the JK. Light colors like white and yellow are attention getters and are very impressive too. So I guess the things to be considered are: do you want elegance, are you willing to "chase" dirt, or are you trying to make an impression and get attention? Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

As far as classiness goes, this is how I rank the current color lineup:
1. Black
2. Red Rock
3. Silver
4. Slate Blue
5. Jeep Green
6. Stone White
7. Flame Red
8. Detonator Yellow
9. Rescue Green

If head turning is what you're after, wait a few months and get a 2009 Sunburst Orange JK. Coming to your local Jeep dealership Fall 2008.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I own a Jeep Green Sahara...

...But if I had to pick another colour it'd definitely be Red Rock. The colour is so rich and deep, and very eye-catching.

There's a Red Rock Sahara that parks near my office, and it looks great with the Dark Khaki soft top. Very posh!

I didn't know that the Steel Blue was being discontinued. It's another very nice colour, that also looks a bit military, like Jeep Green.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

White might be a good choice. It is a great contrast against all of the black bits on a Wrangler and because you need a clean looking vehicle for clients, it will look great clean and will still look clean even if it is a little bit grimey.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

I'm definantly getting a sahara. And its not so much as a thing to impress people or turn heads. But, simply to look proper and clean when driving it for work. I will clean it meticulousy, so no issue there.

Black can't go wrong. But. sometimes I feel black is overplayed. Although that 2dr above looks PHENOMENAL.

I want my Boss's people to get by the JK and say, this is a very sharp truck. Then when I go home....a beautiful trail rig.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A beautiful trail rig that looks like this?

To me RubyDoo is beautiful what ever she looks like.

Quick Reply: Stately/Classy Colors