Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stickers!!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stickers!!

The day that I took delivery of my X, I removed those big obnoxious yellow visor stickers (thank you to the faithfully litigious and incompetent parents for that federal mandate; thank you Chrysler for making stickers and not a print on the actual visor)

What is the logic with those folks who feel the need to remove "Rubicon" or "X" or "trail rated badges? Do you consider these Jeep stickers as unsightly as the visor warning label.

-signed proud X owner

p.s. All of my tighty whities have the Haynes label removed and my Superman cape does not say made in china!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

to each his own
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I took off all of my decals (Wrangler, Unlimited, Sahara, and sand dunes) because they were so crooked that I couldn't stand looking at them. My selling dealer (not local) ordered me a new set of decals, but they want me to come in so that they can put them on. I'm not going to drive 90 miles to have decals put on, so I may keep them off. I'm actually starting to like the stickerless look. Since I have the painted fender flares, anyone that knows Wranglers would know that it's a Sahara. Now if I had a Rubicon, I'd probably keep the decals, because people might think it was an X.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black07
The day that I took delivery of my X, I removed those big obnoxious yellow visor stickers (thank you to the faithfully litigious and incompetent parents for that federal mandate; thank you Chrysler for making stickers and not a print on the actual visor)

What is the logic with those folks who feel the need to remove "Rubicon" or "X" or "trail rated badges? Do you consider these Jeep stickers as unsightly as the visor warning label.

-signed proud X owner

p.s. All of my tighty whities have the Haynes label removed and my Superman cape does not say made in china!!
I'd be more worried what people thought of those tighty whities!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
I took off all of my decals (Wrangler, Unlimited, Sahara, and sand dunes) because they were so crooked that I couldn't stand looking at them. My selling dealer (not local) ordered me a new set of decals, but they want me to come in so that they can put them on. I'm not going to drive 90 miles to have decals put on, so I may keep them off. I'm actually starting to like the stickerless look. Since I have the painted fender flares, anyone that knows Wranglers would know that it's a Sahara. Now if I had a Rubicon, I'd probably keep the decals, because people might think it was an X.
Where did you find the light guards?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dayton1999
Where did you find the light guards?
My husband got me the light guards for Christmas. I'm not sure which dealer he got them through, but they are a Mopar part (#W82210268). They're about $150 for the chrome ones--around a $100 for the black ones. You can get them at any dealer and probably Quadratec too:

Last edited by doojer; 04-27-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: removed non-sponsor link
Old 04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black07
that Hayne's reference really confused me cus my jeep dealer is "Haynes Jeep" in richmond haha
Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

This is just my opinion and observation: I think that the "X" stickers are a horribly ugly design - I've described them on other threads as a sort of "Scarlet Letter" that Jeep threw onto those models, because that "X" is supposed to look sporty or something, but is just tacky as hell... IMHO.

I know that MANY people feel the same as me on that. As far as removing the Sahara, Rubicon, Jeep chrome, or Trail Rated badge, opinions are pretty varied: I'm considering going for the "clean look" (as mentioned by a poster above, my painted fenders will still identify mine as a Sahara to the enlightened), but my wife likes the Sahara stickers, and REALLY likes the Jeep chrome up front... so I don't know...

To each their own - one man's tacky sticker is another's badge of honor, right?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

i think the "X" is ugly. it never made it off the lot.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remove all the stickers and chrome marking from every vehicle I own as long as it doesn't leave a hole. It has actually helped me beat a parking ticket once (before the regi-sticker stated vehicle model) when I had a 1971 Oldsmobile. The ticket agent stated on the ticket that the vehicle was a Pontiac so because of that error I was able to go to court and beat the ticket.

Beside I also like the clean look of no markers or mouldings.

Quick Reply: Stickers!!