Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stolen gas!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of our government being in charge of much of anything. I wonder what the drilling tax will be.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stlfan06
So how much does gas have to cost before we decide to drill? $10/gal? High gas prices will drive this economy deeper into a recession. Oil is used in just about everything every product we use. 50 years from now, there could likely be new technology (look at today compared to 1961) that would essentially replace the oil market. I think we should support drilling in our own country, look at how many billions of dollars we give to countries around the world for an asset that we have underneath us.
these are all very valid points. If you think we are giving away billions (which we are) to other countries like Saudi arabia just imagine what we will look like to the world when they run dry. We will be seating on the largest oil reserves in the WORLD and some of the last at that. Every product just like you says uses oil one way or another so just imagine all of these machines stopping because saudi arabia and the whole middle east ran dry along with the rest of the world. But wait America is now a monopoly in the gas world as we then start to drill. We are creating new technology at breathtaking speeds which you referenced when talking about 1961 BUT I truly believe that in the next 100 years we will never be able to create, find, or invent anything like oil. It is amazing how many joules of energy is in oil I mean one tank of gas can take a fully loaded suv with 7 people 250 miles on ONE TANK! That is just astounding hyrogen fuel cells, biofuel, batteries-all of these come NO WHERE close to providing the amount of energy in oil and the simplicity of oil being a liquid.

On a side not im enjoying this conversation and hope you realize im not arguing just trying to voice my opinion and few facts I know
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
JK Newbie

Locking gas caps dont prevent anything, some people I know had locking gas caps so the low lifes just poked a hole in the bottom of the tank and drained it out that way, so in the end they had to replace the gas tank which cost more than a tank of gas, so bottom line I think I will go with the bat ideal.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's funny when Americans talk about gas prices being so high... try just over $1.38 per litre where I'm from. That's like $5.52 per gallon in the USA. Not so bad anymore, is it?

Quick Reply: Stolen gas!