Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stolen lights

Old 12-07-2014, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen lights

So apparently some a**hole decided to steal my 40 inch rigid light bar, rigid d2 lights and the mounts for them while I was sleeping yesterday during the day or while I was at work during the night not sure when. Contacted the police and talked to insurance company to see if the would hopefully cover getting me new ones. My only concern with getting new ones is that this will happen again. Is there any aftermarket bolts that replace the torx bolts that the mounts go into on the jeep since all they did was take out the 6 torx bolts and cut the wires off. Seems like this would only take a minute to do and I would at least like to make it a challenge for someone next time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3279229047.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	587121
Old 12-07-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry about what happened some people are just real a holes..... Only thing I can think of is tamper proof torx the kind that's on seat belt anchors they have the post in the center not that someone can't purchases them but they are not as common as a plain old torx..
Old 12-07-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do an online search for security bolts. You'll find what ya need.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jireson
So apparently some a**hole decided to steal my 40 inch rigid light bar, rigid d2 lights and the mounts for them while I was sleeping yesterday during the day or while I was at work during the night not sure when. Contacted the police and talked to insurance company to see if the would hopefully cover getting me new ones. My only concern with getting new ones is that this will happen again. Is there any aftermarket bolts that replace the torx bolts that the mounts go into on the jeep since all they did was take out the 6 torx bolts and cut the wires off. Seems like this would only take a minute to do and I would at least like to make it a challenge for someone next time.

Attachment 587121
Sorry to hear, that sucks! I am about ready to mount some lights as well and this is my #1 concern! Let us know if you find anything, I will be searching as well...
Old 12-07-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did eventually put some Lightforce security bolts on my 170 HID's. I'm sure they would work for lots of things, but if somebody wants your stuff bad enough, they won't stop because of a couple of nuts.
LightFORCE ATN10MM - LightFORCE Driving Light Security Nut Lock Kit - Quadratec
Old 12-07-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Yeah rigid makes security screw & nut kits for their lights. Run about $30. I know Northridge and Quadratec sell most, if not all, the sets for the lights.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys. Posted on my local jeep club website saying my light bar and d2 lights were stolen and gotta admit that jeep people are some of the nicest people there are around. Within an hour it posted all over the Maritime provinces on all the jeep/off-roading sites and have even have a company in New Brunswick offering a reward for the return of my stuff. Will keep you all posted on what happens and what I end up getting.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
Do an online search for security bolts. You'll find what ya need.
The problem with this is that the thief may just break them off at this point. Hate to hear this happened..
Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some red locktight on the threads

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 12-07-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
How about some red locktight on the threads

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
If you tried to loosen it it would snap the bolt off in the housing