Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

stow soft top rear window

Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stow soft top rear window

This question goes out to everybody with a soft top. I frequently haul a lot of cases in the back of my Jeep. I am trying to find a simple and convenient way to keep the back window tucked up inside the Jeep while loading and unloading. Currently I unzip both sides of the rear window and slide the bottom tailgate bar between the upper frame of the soft top. It's annoying, the window droops, and I am tired of scratching it on gear. I've tried bungees, clamps and clips, but nothing seems practical. Any and all ideas welcome.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember seeing a "window duffell bag" somewhere on a jeep parts site....
May be worth checking out.

Me, I usually have mine off before I leave the house, and have them put up there.....
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 AM
JK Newbie

For the short time that I keep the soft top up, I found t was easier to unzip the window from both sides and flip it up on top of the top (outside of the box so to speak). This kept it out of the way while loading and unloading. I found if I do it right I can flip it up there and it bends in such a way that only the retainer bar lays on the top, leaving the clear part free from touching anything.

Last edited by Saharicon; 05-08-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Padlock6
This question goes out to everybody with a soft top. I frequently haul a lot of cases in the back of my Jeep. I am trying to find a simple and convenient way to keep the back window tucked up inside the Jeep while loading and unloading. Currently I unzip both sides of the rear window and slide the bottom tailgate bar between the upper frame of the soft top. It's annoying, the window droops, and I am tired of scratching it on gear. I've tried bungees, clamps and clips, but nothing seems practical. Any and all ideas welcome.
Best top window roll or Cloverpatch makes one too.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

yea, I have the cloverpatch windowroll. I just don't want to store my rear window two or three times a day.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loke already mentioned, just flip it up on the roof!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Do you not use the straps on the inside of the softtop? I just roll mine up and put the straps around the ends of the bar.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toycop
Do you not use the straps on the inside of the softtop? I just roll mine up and put the straps around the ends of the bar.
Yeah, but that will put scratches in it. Been there, done that.
X3 on the flipping on top.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Mine didn't come with straps I see the snap on buttons though. I currently use velcro loops to hang the bar ends on.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like said before just unzip the sides and flop it on the roof. Quick easy and no scratches!!

Quick Reply: stow soft top rear window