Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

stuck in water/mud hole,what do i check

Old 06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in water/mud hole,what do i check

i got stuck in a deep water /mud hole and it did'nt shut off i kept it revving until i got pulled out. what are the things i need to check? also, my e-brake isnt workin too well, i set it and can push the jk back , how do i adjust it?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

well seeing how it stayed running the whole time, it means that your engine didn't suck in any water as it would have hydro locked and shut itself off in an hurry.. so you're good there. as for the rear brakes, they are disks, but i beleive the emergency brake is a drum on the inside of the of the rotor... i would recommend pulling off the wheels and rotors in the rear and hosing them out to get the mud and stuff out. then spray them down with brake cleaner and put the rotors back on. good luck
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you havn't done so yet, wash the underside good. Hit the local HydraSpray, and pressure wash the whole underside. Be sure to blast the heck out of the wheels hubs, brake components, and so forth. Check all the fluids, and if any appear foamy or milky. Drain, wash out with a solvent, dry, and replace. After all that, crawl under with a bright light and start checking over everything. Dig out any mud or small rocks, and usr a rattle can to cover any painted surfaces that got scraped up.
Also check under the hood and wash/clean as necessary. Check the air filter, and replace if necessary. Check all you electrical terminals and clean as necessary.

Last edited by Lorrel; 06-12-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default thx

thx for all the input guys, i washed the engine, pulled the carpets checked the engine oi l(its good) and powerwashed underneath and am gonna change the diff oils on the weekend, now i gotta figure out how do i adjust my e-brake?

Quick Reply: stuck in water/mud hole,what do i check