JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Stupid owner....hopefully not the only idiot (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/stupid-owner-hopefully-not-only-idiot-24975/)

gifford888 01-09-2008 05:33 AM

Stupid owner....hopefully not the only idiot

I just read the post titled "Stupid door....hopefully not the only idiot" and since I got a laugh at his expense -- I figured that I'd share my stupidity so others could have a laugh...

I got my JK about 2 months ago -- I washed it a few weeks later and was rather irritated when I went to clean the back window as I couldn't reach very well behind the spare tire but figured that it was ok -- couldn't really see behind there anyway... :thinking:

So, we get warm weather in NJ and I'm washing it this Monday -- finished washing/waxing -- then go to do the windows again... I get the thinking :thinking: , ok -- this time, I'll just reach in there better...;)

Then, it hits me like a ton of dunce caps! O-P-E-N...T-H-E...G-A-T-E...Y-O-U...D-O-P-E :duh:

Piginajeep 01-09-2008 06:36 AM

Fresh air will help, get out of Jersey :rotflmao1:

The_Captain 01-09-2008 06:42 AM

Don't worry

You are among friends...

at least my friends. First few times I took the doors and tops off for summer, whenever my freinds would get out I would act all mad and yell, LOCK THE FREAKIN' DOORS MAN!! and laugh my butt off when they turn around and reach.

Or when I wired up my Fog lights and couldn't get them to turn on so I was gonna go to my friends house, and then my Jeep wouldn't start, so I connected my battery, started it drove around the block and went back home and tried the switch with the battery connected, and bammo, it worked.:D

tgrt 01-09-2008 07:30 AM

That's pretty hillarious!

NSRider 01-09-2008 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by gifford888 (Post 289161)
I just read the post titled "Stupid door....hopefully not the only idiot" and since I got a laugh at his expense -- I figured that I'd share my stupidity so others could have a laugh...

I got my JK about 2 months ago -- washed it a few weeks later and was rather irritated when I went to clean the back window as I couldn't reach very well behind the spare tire but figured that it was ok -- couldn't really see behind there anyway... :thinking:

So, we get the warm weather in NJ and I'm washing the Jeep on Monday -- finished washing/waxing -- then go to do the windows again... I get the thinking :thinking: , ok -- this time, I'll just reach in there better...;)

Then it hits me like a ton of dunce caps! O-P-E-N T-H-E G-A-T-E Y-O-U D-O-P-E :crazyeyes:

That is hilarious... because I did it too!

HappyCurmudgeon 01-09-2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by The_Captain (Post 289236)
[snip]

Or when I wired up my Fog lights and couldn't get them to turn on so I was gonna go to my friends house, and then my Jeep wouldn't start, so I connected my battery, started it drove around the block and went back home and tried the switch with the battery connected, and bammo, it worked.:D

<----Guilty as charged. :duh:

StevieRay 01-09-2008 01:48 PM

I got a good one...

I went to Lowes with my wife. She was on the phone and stayed in the car while I went in. I locked the doors with the clicker and went in. Then I get a call from my wife yelling at me to come outside, I can hear the horn alarm in the background. When she tried to get out of the Jeep to come in, the alarm went off and she couldn't turn it off! Boy that thing is loud! :eek2:

climb.on 01-09-2008 02:19 PM

When someone aske me why is the auto window switch on the dash and not on the door. I tell them its so you can roll the windows down when the doors are off

davidwm71 01-09-2008 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 289183)

I personally try not to admit I'm from Jersey. It is pretty bad and I can't believe he "fessed up" to it.:)

JeepaRoo 01-10-2008 03:59 AM

I installed my U-connect, then went to the dealer got it starscanned, all excited to try it out, i get in the jeep, press the button go into setup.. nothing works.. cant find the phone... cant see a connection....

oh yeah I left my Cell phone at home.....
-Christopher