Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stupid owner....hopefully not the only idiot

Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid owner....hopefully not the only idiot

I just read the post titled "Stupid door....hopefully not the only idiot" and since I got a laugh at his expense -- I figured that I'd share my stupidity so others could have a laugh...

I got my JK about 2 months ago -- I washed it a few weeks later and was rather irritated when I went to clean the back window as I couldn't reach very well behind the spare tire but figured that it was ok -- couldn't really see behind there anyway...

So, we get warm weather in NJ and I'm washing it this Monday -- finished washing/waxing -- then go to do the windows again... I get the thinking , ok -- this time, I'll just reach in there better...

Then, it hits me like a ton of dunce caps! O-P-E-N...T-H-E...G-A-T-E...Y-O-U...D-O-P-E

Last edited by gifford888; 01-09-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Fresh air will help, get out of Jersey
Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Talking Don't worry

You are among friends...

at least my friends. First few times I took the doors and tops off for summer, whenever my freinds would get out I would act all mad and yell, LOCK THE FREAKIN' DOORS MAN!! and laugh my butt off when they turn around and reach.

Or when I wired up my Fog lights and couldn't get them to turn on so I was gonna go to my friends house, and then my Jeep wouldn't start, so I connected my battery, started it drove around the block and went back home and tried the switch with the battery connected, and bammo, it worked.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty hillarious!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gifford888
I just read the post titled "Stupid door....hopefully not the only idiot" and since I got a laugh at his expense -- I figured that I'd share my stupidity so others could have a laugh...

I got my JK about 2 months ago -- washed it a few weeks later and was rather irritated when I went to clean the back window as I couldn't reach very well behind the spare tire but figured that it was ok -- couldn't really see behind there anyway...

So, we get the warm weather in NJ and I'm washing the Jeep on Monday -- finished washing/waxing -- then go to do the windows again... I get the thinking , ok -- this time, I'll just reach in there better...

Then it hits me like a ton of dunce caps! O-P-E-N T-H-E G-A-T-E Y-O-U D-O-P-E
That is hilarious... because I did it too!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Captain
[snip]

Or when I wired up my Fog lights and couldn't get them to turn on so I was gonna go to my friends house, and then my Jeep wouldn't start, so I connected my battery, started it drove around the block and went back home and tried the switch with the battery connected, and bammo, it worked.

<----Guilty as charged.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I got a good one...

I went to Lowes with my wife. She was on the phone and stayed in the car while I went in. I locked the doors with the clicker and went in. Then I get a call from my wife yelling at me to come outside, I can hear the horn alarm in the background. When she tried to get out of the Jeep to come in, the alarm went off and she couldn't turn it off! Boy that thing is loud!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

When someone aske me why is the auto window switch on the dash and not on the door. I tell them its so you can roll the windows down when the doors are off
Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock

That's pretty bad man. Kudo's to you to fessing up to it
I personally try not to admit I'm from Jersey. It is pretty bad and I can't believe he "fessed up" to it.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed my U-connect, then went to the dealer got it starscanned, all excited to try it out, i get in the jeep, press the button go into setup.. nothing works.. cant find the phone... cant see a connection....

oh yeah I left my Cell phone at home.....
-Christopher

Quick Reply: Stupid owner....hopefully not the only idiot