Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

stupid windows

Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellykell9
For all of you paying for replacement windshields..... doesn't your car insurance cover this? Just curious.....
Kelly
nope, mine didn't....
Old 05-14-2007, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all of you paying for replacement windshields..... doesn't your car insurance cover this? Just curious.....
Kelly
While my JK was on order and I was playing the waiting game, I was reading a few posts on here about windshields getting wrecked by rocks... so I looked into my insurance coverage to make sure that I'd be covered. I am - it's part of my comprehensive coverage, and I have 0-deductible glass coverage as part of the comp. policy...

Haven't had any cracks yet, but have taken at least 2 solid shots from rocks on the highway (one of em was BIG, and came straight at my head, but didn't even leave a scratch in the glass, which surprised me). I know that it's just a matter of time... and I'm glad that when the time comes, it won't cost me a cent out of pocket.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Florida we have no-fault. Whick I am still unsure if it is good or not.. But if you should get a cracked windshield, your insureance pays for it..

I learned the hard way a couple of years ago in my 2002 Avalanche..

A dump truck on the highway threw a big rock and put a good break in my windshield..

I was Pissed.. I chased him down and tried to pull him over.. Basically he shot me a bird..

I got the co.s name and the truck #.. Called them up and they laughed at me...!!

That's when I called State Farm, and they gave me a # of a glass co.
They came out, and put a new one in.. I signed for it and thats all..

No claim no nothing..

I still feel that those big trucks that throw up rocks should be responsible for their damage.. Maybe they would be more careful covering their load..

Don't like being behind them on my bike either..!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kelly
I'm sure it does, but as has been mentioned - the total cost is usually less than the deductable so it doesn't make sense to make a claim for something you'll end up paying for anyway.

Originally Posted by TORN
I had a good size chip at 1500 miles. Cost me $50 to get fixed,can still see it some. I been crossing my fingers i don't get more. What a rain in Okla! and no leaks from soft top. I am very happy with my JK rubi.
I need to find a good place to get mine fixed. These OK rains have been nuts for sure. No leaks on my soft as well, but Im more concerned about the hard top...guess we'll test it this winter!

Quick Reply: stupid windows