Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Supercars, Don't Mess with the JK

Old 09-05-2014, 12:53 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercars, Don't Mess with the JK

Supercars are awesome. They are great at going fast, being sexy, and going fast some more.

JK Jeeps are awesome. They are great at conquering things that are much larger than humans; things like mountains and volcanoes. For this reason, JKs are superheros.

Do superheroes trump supercars? As these photos reveal, the answer, unequivocally, is "yes".

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ManuelCarrillo3
Supercars are awesome. They are great at going fast, being sexy, and going fast some more. JK Jeeps are awesome. They are great at conquering things that are much larger than humans; things like mountains and volcanoes. For this reason, JKs are superheros. Do superheroes trump supercars? As these photos reveal, the answer, unequivocally, is "yes". Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.
That's Lamborghini was trashed way before it hit that Jeep. Chrome paint? Really?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MrChuckles

That's Lamborghini was trashed way before it hit that Jeep. Chrome paint? Really?
It's a chrome wrap. It's the new "thing" to do.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
It's a chrome wrap. It's the new "thing" to do.
Looks hideous.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a wrap

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3946031787.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	574484
Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-770545486.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	574487

Mud, it's the "real" thing! Really with a wrap? C'mon man!
Old 09-05-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Seriously, they made a $300k car look like a $3,000 ghetto piece of shit.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Think of the glare from the sun or from your hids/LEDs at night it would piss me off to be around it.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Definetly made more points than this guys JK!!!

I'm way far ahead in the points race then...

I hit, not one, but two deer at the same time, and then, not a year later, got rearended by a GM TrailBlazer.

I made the mistake of mentioning outloud a 'karma' thing...) that I could upgrade those cheap A$$ plastic OEM bumpers by getting into a couple fender-benders, and wouldn't you know it, it came back to bite me big time in the rear (literally, too!).

First up was the front bumper. The wifey and I were headed up to a wedding in the upper Lake Michigan side of the Michigan mitt one late evening in early December. All of a sudden there were twenty-plus white-tailed deer that came up onto the roadway from out of the forest. As they saying goes...'Don't Veer for Deer!', so, I didn't. Talk about stupid animals...they all separated, and I thought we were going to miss them all, when the last two on the passenger side decided that they wanted to cross back in front of the jeep a second time. After the double thump-thump, as well as, the what seemed like slow-m otion view of watching BOT of them pass under the bumper, I immediately pulled over to the side of the raod and turned on my flashers. I got out and walked around the jeep to see what fluids or sounds my jeep would be making, and not a single thing was wrong (other than a little fur on the cracked passenger's side bumper and the slightly collapsed plastic front bumper trim. Luckiily, they were Elk, as well as, I had previously installed a Rancho 4-inch lift kit during the previous summer, so it helped to make the deer fold and roll under the jeep... two (2) deer + one cheap-A$$ OEM bumper = a new Smittybilt Modular bumper! Not such a bad trade, and that's gotta be worth 20-40 points right? The only mistake I made was saying outloud afterwards, that all I needed now was a little rearend collision to get me a new BIG-A$$ rear bumper, to complete the jeep's looks!

Then, just after the 2013 New Year, on a bright, shiney, cold day in early January, There I was, stopped ata redlight with nine other cars in front of me, or to the side, and BAM! Some be-aaaach slammed into the back of the jeep! She never touched her brakes...she was too busy texting, or reading, emails to bother looking up. This is where the real strength of a JK Jeep Wrangler showed-up. Because of the 4-inch lift, the cheap-A$$ OEM bolt-on 2-inch trailer hitch sat at just the right height that the entire impact points were my hitch, and her engine block. Yup, her engine ended-up under, yes, totally 'UNDER', the other driver's compartment - folding the front-end, bumper, fenders, and transmission straight back. The only thing left, but accordianed, was the engine hood. On my jeep, the stock OEM spare tire carrier was nearly sheered into two, as the tire wanted to stay right where it was, while the rest of the jeep's rearend went almost 5 feet up, and 15 feet forward. The Be-aaach hit me so hard that her car's momentum carried her car forward a second time to hit my jeep after it came back down tothe ground. Police estimate that she was doing "well over 50-mph in a 40mph zone"...boy, did she get a nice ticket! The tailgate had to get replaced, the muffler too, the OEM plastic bumper molding was scratched, and the cheap-A$$ plastic license plate holder was cracked. What couldn't be seen until on an alignment rack was that the trailer hitch crossmember was pushed a good inch forward, and the hitch itself was totaled. So, I took the money, ordered an aftermarket cat-back exhaust (MBRP 'Offroad' series), had the new tailgate 'Line-X' painted, bolted on a new Smittybilt SRC bumper, w/swing-away tire carrier, and, a new LED spare tire License/brake bracket from Warrior Products, and, all for just $25 more thanthe insurance company was going to reimburse me for. That's gotta at least be worth another20-30 points!

I like to give credit to the fact that, not only did the Jeep Wrangler engineers give the JK a full box frame (just like a fullsize pickup has...), it also designed the JK with a unibody chassis that gets bolted onto that full-box frame. If it had been like the Cherokee, Patriot, and everyother unibody-style vehicle on the road, then they would have had to total the car for insurance purposes, as structural integrity is compromized once bent. Instead, they pulled that frame crossmember backwards until the new full-frame mounted bumper could mount up to it. That brought the frames' alignement back into specs, and it drives straight down the road (no crabbing) like it always had before the accident occurred.

Unfortunately, that was almost 18 months ago, and I'm still unable to work because of the damage done to my upper. mid, and lower spine...but the jeep looks and drives absolutely perfect!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
Seriously, they made a $300k car look like a $3,000 ghetto piece of shit.
It was in Michigan, probably Detroit, that IS AS GHETTO AS GHETTO GETS.

Quick Reply: Supercars, Don't Mess with the JK