Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tagging Jeeps w/ Project-JK Cards

Old 11-24-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tagging Jeeps w/ Project-JK Cards

hey guys, i just wondered how many of you have printed out cards and tagged other JK's in your area?
So far, i've gotten three JK's around the area, Anybody else?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't printed out any yet but I do keep a post it note book and writing down the site and sticking it on the driver's window. Don't know if it has worked yet though.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
I haven't printed out any yet but I do keep a post it note book and writing down the site and sticking it on the driver's window. Don't know if it has worked yet though.
Do you "sign" the post-it with your forum name? If so when the new member signs up they would mention they were referred by you. In your UserCP it states how many referrals you've garnered. I always say, "tell them Roxzilla sent ya." Worked once so far. Now if I could only figure out who it was...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Roxzilla
Do you "sign" the post-it with your forum name? If so when the new member signs up they would mention they were referred by you. In your UserCP it states how many referrals you've garnered. I always say, "tell them Roxzilla sent ya." Worked once so far. Now if I could only figure out who it was...

That feature might be broken 'cause I show 1, too, and I think it always has.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

i've usually been in a hurry and just stuck a card or two in the window or wiper, no name, on one i have but idk if i have any referals i usually write something like, "nice jeep!" and put my name and username and what i'm drivin' -lifted silver 2 dr jk-
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I love this forum, but whenever someone puts ANYTHING on my vehicle, it gets released to the wind by lifting the wiper before I take off.
One of my really big pet peeves is to see somebody else's trash (yes, trash) placed on my vehicle, especially when it means they touched my vehicle to put it there.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by speedy9mm
I don't know if that would be a good thing to do. If I caught someone touching my Jeep putting things on it they might get hurt if I did not give them permission to put anything on it. Also you may run into problems from laws that make it illegal to solicit material and might create problems for the forum owners.
I think yall are missing the point. All this talk about kicking somebody's ass cause they were near your jeep. I think that is funny. It is just a little piece of paper on ur window. It's not like they crawled inside ur jeep to put it on ur dash.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
I think yall are missing the point. All this talk about kicking somebody's ass cause they were near your jeep. I think that is funny. It is just a little piece of paper on ur window. It's not like they crawled inside ur jeep to put it on ur dash.
after reading the post before yours i thought i'd just let this thread die... lol i'm not out to force people to come here, if i find something on my window that has the unlimited potential to answer questions and help me out about my vehicle i'd be happy... it's only a 2 x 3 card, not a huge flyer. and those that i have talked to seemed pretty excited about it but to each their own. in no way would i want to bring disrespect to or soliciting from of JK-Forum.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

i've tagged two JK's on the UAlbany campus.... i'm sure they thought they were parking tickets because the campus cops are hardcore #@$$*%!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been taging JK's for awhile now. Aways but my user name on the back..

Quick Reply: Tagging Jeeps w/ Project-JK Cards