Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Take one off the lot or place an order? How long is the wait?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take one off the lot or place an order? How long is the wait?

Hey all,

Looking for a base X with minimal options - just the power package. Have 1.5 children and having to unlock the doors manually from the front will be pretty tough to do.

How long is the average build time for a JK Unlimited X? I've researched and saw that the rubi's were 6-8 months out. Dealership says that I'd have one by June of 2008 if I were to place for an order an X today. But he does have one on the lot that has the power group + a few other options for $28000. I'm thinking that the dealer just wants to move what he has in stock rather than try to order me one. But if the wait is indeed 6 months, then I'll have to either purchase the one he has with the power group -or- just a straight base unit with zero options.

Also, if there is indeed a 6 month wait, wouldnt that bring me into the 09?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

There's no huge wait for X or Sahara models. Use the dealership locator at Jeep.com to find a dealership near you that has the exact Jeep you want (you can view window stickers, etc. through Jeep.com). June 2008 is WAY too long to wait for an X model!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Yep, that's what I've been doing - no base X's with just the power package around.

Been reading the electronics forum here and it appears that installing power locks is possible on the X, but a total PITA.

What's the true estimated wait time for an X? I can wait until the end of January, but no longer.

Noticed that youre in CT, where did you pick your Jeep up from? The only local dealer that has base X's in stock is White Plains in NY and I've heard bad things about them.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
There's no huge wait for X or Sahara models. Use the dealership locator at Jeep.com to find a dealership near you that has the exact Jeep you want (you can view window stickers, etc. through Jeep.com). June 2008 is WAY too long to wait for an X model!

My Sahara 2-door was ordered on October 2 and was delivered on November 15. Six weeks, approximately.

I ordered the vehicle only because every Jeep on every lot I looked at (except one Rubicon in an ugly rescue green color) came with automatic transmissions.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 AM
bkw
JK Freak

6 weeks I can definitely do.

Thanks, will go to my regional forum to find a dealership.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I waited almost 10 weeks for my 2dr sahara. Ordered Sept. 20th. I would order exactly what you want if you don't mind waiting.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I ordered my Sahara Unlimited September 12 and I am still in BG status. I will be lucky to see it in February. That would be 6 months. I was originally told 4-6 weeks.

By the way, can we see a picture of the .5 child?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wink

Originally Posted by Perzuki
My Sahara 2-door was ordered on October 2 and was delivered on November 15. Six weeks, approximately.

I ordered the vehicle only because every Jeep on every lot I looked at (except one Rubicon in an ugly rescue green color) came with automatic transmissions.
Easy on the ugly Rescue Green color. ahahah. I'm waiting on a Rubi of that color!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

I think the 2 doors are coming through a lot quicker than than the 4 doors. My (ugly ) Rescue Green 2 door X took a little less than 6 weeks.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I ordered...

i ordered.... also we negoiated a trade in price for my xterra... and i still get to drive it in the salt and snow while my 08 jk is being built... and still get the same trade in value when my jk is finally built.... pending the xterra is in same basic condition , cant wrap it around a tree or anything.... also i have a great guy to deal with over here in NE Ohio.... let me know if you want his info... later good luck.

Quick Reply: Take one off the lot or place an order? How long is the wait?